Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
Systems Engineer II
About the role:
- In Rhythm Management (RM) we offer solutions for treating irregular heart rhythms and heart failure, and protecting against sudden cardiac arrest. In addition, we offer solutions with 3D Mapping and Navigation systems, Radiofrequency Ablation catheters, Diagnostic Catheters, EP recording systems, and Intracardiac Access Sheaths.
- Boston Scientific develops, manufactures, and markets a broad array of products and services that enable less-invasive care for some of the most threatening cardiac conditions. We’ve been expanding indications and conducting pivotal research for nearly 20 years, resulting in increased access to the lifesaving and life-enhancing benefits of ICD and CRT therapies. Use this link to see our Rhythmia Mapping System in action: http://www.bostonscientific.com/en-US/products/capital-equipment--mapping-and-navigation/rhythmia-mapping-system.html
- We are looking for a Systems Engineer with a software background to become a member of a rapidly growing team that provides technical leadership with a mix of software, mechanical, electrical, and catheter engineers and an interdisciplinary team of Marketing, Regulatory, and Quality.
- This individual will work on new projects from concept to commercialization and projects that maintain our currently released mapping system.
- The individual will be responsible for defining, analyzing and implementing software and system requirements, risk analysis, and usability as well as provide input to cross-functional deliverables.
Your responsibilities include:
- Defines and analyzes system and software requirements, clinical workflows, and input/output processes by using current systems engineering methods and technologies.
- Solve system problems by analyzing the situation and recommending corrective or alternative actions.
- Documents system architecture and design control elements by writing documents, reports, and memos.
- Translates customer needs and system requirements into software requirements, engaging the field, marketing, service and other engineering functions as needed.
- Provides expertise and conducts evaluation of validation and verification activities.
- Assists with industry based standards testing for software using IEC 62304.
- Aids with the risk analysis for the project.
- Works with a cross-funtional team and serves as an R&D representative on cross-functional deliverables.
What we’re looking for:
- Engineering degree and experience driving projects and tasks to closure
- Strong communications and time management abilities.
- 3-5 Years of experience within the Medical Device industry with BS degree, 0-3 Years with MS
- Medical Device experience
- Experience in leading projects from a system level; SW experience
- At least 2 years of engineering experience in mixed HW/SW systems
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 428084