Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
Electrical Systems Engineer II
About the role:
- In Rhythm Management (RM) we offer solutions for treating irregular heart rhythms and heart failure, and protecting against sudden cardiac arrest. In addition, we offer solutions with 3D Mapping and Navigation systems, Radiofrequency Ablation catheters, Diagnostic Catheters, EP recording systems, and Intracardiac Access Sheaths.
- We are looking for a Systems Engineer with a strong HW background to become a member of a rapidly growing team that provides technical leadership with a mix of mechanical, electrical, software, and catheter engineers and an interdisciplinary team of Marketing, Regulatory, and Quality.
- This individual will work on new projects from concept to commercialization and projects that maintain our currently released mapping system.
- The individual will be responsible for defining, analyzing and implementing hardware and system requirements, risk analysis, and usability as well as provide input to cross-functional deliverables.
Your responsibilities include:
- Defines and analyzes system and hardware requirements, and input/output processes by using current engineering methods and technologies.
- Solve system problems by analyzing the situation and recommending corrective or alternative actions.
- Documents architecture and design control elements by writing documents, reports, and memos.
- Translates system requirements into hardware requirements, engaging other engineering functions as needed.
- Provides expertise and conducts evaluation of verification activities.
- Assist with industry based standards testing for safety and EMC according to 60601-1
- Aids with the risk analysis for the project.
- Works with a cross-funtional team and serves as an R&D representative on cross-functional deliverables.
What we’re looking for:
- Engineering degree (EE or computer science) and experience driving projects and tasks to closure
- Strong communications and time management abilities.
- 3-5 Years of experience within a regulated industry with BS degree, 0-3 Years with MS
- Medical Device experience working with imaging and signal processing systems
- Experience conducting simulations, mathematical analysis and/or system interaction analysis.
- At least 2 years of hardware/EE engineering experience in mixed HW/SW systems
- Technical HW experience in digital and analog low noise systems.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 415057