The Systems Engineer is primarily responsible for installations, administration, audits, maintenance and upgrades, of Solumina software and related components and infrastructure, supporting iBASEt Personnel and customers’ IT teams with all their Solumina administration related tasks or issues. This position will also provide technical training and develop and/or revise technical documentation such as procedures for installation, upgrades, maintenance, etc . This is a customer facing role that requires impeccable presentation and communication skills. Due to the very specific nature of iBASEt’s market in complex discrete manufacturing operations management, this role is also expected to understand the fundamental concepts of manufacturing and Solumina functionalities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support customers’ IT technical teams in all Solumina administration tasks, including but not limited to installation, configuration, maintenance, performance tuning and upgrades of the Solumina software, related components, middleware, and infrastructure
- Provide Training to customer IT teams, colleagues and onboarding team members about
- Perform audits of customers Solumina installations, assessing for performance issues adherence to current best practice
- Manage internal development and test environments used by Services team on implementation projects
- Develop and maintain documentation related to Solumina administration such as procedures for installation, upgrades, maintenance, etc.
- Assist customers in the region with critical technical issues requiring iBASEt intervention.
- Be able to present and discuss Solumina three tier architecture to show how it operates.
- Support team in testing phases of the projects prior to delivery.
- Analyze and develop technical documentation detailing the usage of the configured software.
- Develops technical documentation and prepare presentation materials detailing the project design parameters, requirements and Solumina application landscape.
- Support team in the design, development and implementation of systems interfaces, application configurations, specific customizations, data load, data migration and application upgrade for assigned projects, as required by project requirements and/or VP of Technical Services for assigned programs/projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analysis and process decomposition, team player and good people skill
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills
- Experience in manufacturing processes, information systems, application integration, process re-engineering and system implementation methodologies
- Attention to detail
- Ability to do domain modeling of business objects as both Java objects and XML Schema
- Familiar with MOM using technologies such as JMS, ESB, and Web Services
- Expertise in JEE development using EJB, JAVA, JMS and Hibernate with knowledge in three tier architect using enterprise application servers such as Apache Tomcat, WebSphare, Tiboc, Weblogic or Netweaver/PI is a plus
- Technical expertise of working with Oracle and SQL Server database via SQL and database tools and familiar with database programming (PLSQL and T-SQL) is a plus
- An understanding of Lean Six Sigma practices and procedures and SEI-CMMI processes is a plus
- Ability to identify, define and execute upon opportunities for improvement and recommend alternative solutions to process inefficiencies.
- Ability to solve a variety of problems typically with very complex scope using exceptional problem solving, analytical, and project consulting skills.
- Experience using and/or implementing Solumina is preferred.
- A Master’s degree of Engineering in Information Technology is strongly preferred but an equivalent work experience may be considered.