The role of the Systems Engineer- Level 1 is to work with various Directors in our R&D department to develop application design and/or design technologyinfrastructure components to meet business and technical requirements for Single Digits Solutions. Technologyinfrastructure may include systems, middleware, database, storage, cloud systems, VoIP solutions, and/or networkinfrastructure. The engineer must demonstrate the ability to efficiently test & certify technology platforms, software, and applications. Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or technologyinfrastructure component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations. Maintain and patch systems, software and applications, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications. Document design and engineering standards; develop key performance metrics and operational guidelines for consistent & stable design, build, implement and operational processes.
Role and Responsibilities:
Interface with stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization, and innovation and to ensure risk is understood and minimized
· Establish policies and standard operating procedures to enable consistent and repeatable execution
· Monitor for adequate capability on systems based on utilization metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand forecasts
· Design and verify the technology solution meets business and technical requirements and is in compliance with enterprise architecture guidelines, technology standards and methodology, and compliance and security standards.
· Maintain and operate the application cloud design. It includes but not limited to monitoring, performance and capacity metrics, SLAs, resiliency and disaster recovery plans.
· Develop and document an integrated test plan for certification of technology solutions and application design in compliance with existing best practices
· Execute or support the test certification scripts, analyze the results to validate the results against established success criteria
· Support patching and incident and problem management activities
· Enables environment sustainability through technology training and development of user guides and knowledge artifacts
· Provide work guidance or technical assistance to other engineers within the company.
- 3 or more years of relevant experience with minimum AS degree or related technical certifications.
- Proven customer service and problem-solving skills, working remote or on-site with customers and vendors.
- Experience in Linux based systems required
- Strong knowledge of IP protocols, firewalls, routers, and load balancers.
- Familiarity with networktroubleshooting tools such as Wireshark.
- Experience with network/application monitoring systems using SNMP.
- Service Provider background a plus.
- Cloud experience and understanding of cloud implementations a plus.
- VoIP experiencerequired
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Full Time Position - Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:30pm
- Commensurate with experience
- Vision discounts
- Domestic Partner benefits
- 401(K) with a company match
- Voluntary Life/AD&D
- Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health and Wellness Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Holidays - 6 per calendar year
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Reimbursement Plans (education)