Synetra is seeking a Systems Engineer I for a permanent opportunity in Odessa, Texas.
The Systems Engineer position’s primary responsibility is to provide first level support to clients while maintaining a high level of customer service and up to date technical knowledge. Additionally this position will perform routine network systems maintenance and work items ranging from desktop support to routine network administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Accept cases from the support queue.
• Create support cases.
• Handle incoming support calls in a timely and courteous manner.
• Remotely assist clients with support needs.
• Clearly communicate status on problems as well as resolution.
• Exceed SLA guarantees to Synetra clients.
• Update the customer on case status at frequent intervals.
Computer Repair and Maintenance
• Virus/Malware issues
• Network scanning/printers
• Desktop application and operating system management
Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting
• Network connectivity
• Active sync
• Blackberry enterprise Server management
• Server setup
• New user setup
• iPhone, iPad, Android systems
End user email management
• Email bounce back troubleshooting
• Postini services
• Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange
• Add Move Change
• Network file permissions
• Create distribution lists
• Management of customer backup software
• Backup exec
• NT Backup
• Restore files
• Minimum one year relevant experience working as an outside support resource or two years relevant experience working as an internal support resource.
• Two-yeardegree, or active pursuit of a two-yeardegree.
• MCP certification in desktop Operating System software required within the first three months of employment.
• CompTIA certifications are a plus.
Basic understanding of networking principles
• Client Server networking, TCP/IP, Routing, DNS, WINS, DHCP, the Internet, Switching, Basic knowledge of CAT5 wiring.
• Basic knowledge of wireless security and wireless client configuration
• Entry level knowledge of Active Directory
• Ability to perform basic user account administration
• Basic understanding of network firewalling/securitytechnology