At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is a Top 10 cancer hospital and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
Systems Engineer I
- The Systems Engineer I provides daily support in the execution of new design, configuration, implementation, and maintenance of Moffitt's systems and related technology infrastructure leveraged by Research, Business, and Clinical communities. This position will have a focus on (but not limited to) all aspects of design, implementation, and management of the Center's LAN/WAN/WLAN, Storage/Backup, Virtualization, Server/OS, and End-User Computing architectures. In addition to providing technical standards and root cause analysis, Systems Engineer I ensures optimal performance is maintained across Moffitt's production infrastructure, products, and services.
The Ideal Candidate
- Working experience with hardware and software systems including on premise data center with Cisco, Dell, Dell / EMC, DNS, DHCP, Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop, Citrix NetScaler, VMware, Linux, Unix, and/or Windows environments, LAN/WAN/WLAN/SDN technologies as well as cloud providers is preferred.
- Project, Technical Strategies, and Business Understanding
- Problem-solving, Maintenance, Disaster Recovery, and Business Continuity
- Planning, Analysis, Teamwork
- Upgrade and Implement Systems
- Documentation, Organization
- Mentor, Knowledge Transfer, Collaboration
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree** – Information Systems, Computer Science, Healthcare or related
* -OR- High School Diploma with an additional five (5) years of relevant technology experience plus the five (5) years (for a total of 10 years) experience may be considered "in lieu" of a Associate's degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years proficiency in a systems/infrastructure engineering and/or technical infrastructure support role in LAN/WAN/WLAN, storage, virtualization, end-user computing, and/or server/OS platform administration. Experience and demonstrated proficiency of at least two but not limited to the following:
- Managing SAN and NAS specializing in EMC environments
- Managing Backup, Archive, and Disaster Recovery solutions
- Systems engineering with Microsoft, Unix, Linux, and Cisco (IOS) operating systems
- Microsoft SCCM, Active Directory group policies, and desktop (end-user computing) engineering
- Virtualization platforms such as VMware and Microsoft
- Cisco HyperFlex/VMware Horizon Desktop
- Citrix NetScaler/VMware NSX/Avi load balancing solutions
- LAN/WAN/SDN technologies
- Wireless technologies and mobile presence
- Cybersecurity technologies specializing in NAC (Cisco ISE) and Palo Alto NGFWs
- System automation, advanced scripting, and implementation of enterprise monitoring tools
- Cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, IBM Soft Layer, Google Cloud Platform, and VMware vCloud Air
- Managing enterprise DNS and DHCP environments
- Bachelor’s degree – Information Systems, Computer Science, Healthcare or related
- VCA-DCV, VCA-CLOUD,VCA-WM,VCA-NV
- DCA-ISM, DCA-CIS
- Significant and successful experience in designing various IT solutions and implementation. Experience in a healthcare setting preferred, specifically a hospital or hospital system, preferably in a 24x7 environment.
- Preferred experience working in an environment where HIPAA and NIST compliance is in use.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task and manage several independent projects at the same time.