Position Overview Job Duties:
• Provides post-sales technical support to Fortinet Sales representatives, Fortinet resellers,
distributors, in order to positively influence sales within the assigned territory.
• Coordinates actions for escalated post-sales tickets in order to ensure proper handling
until case resolution.
• Takes escalation requests from Systems Engineers within the Fortinet Sales organization
via e-mail or phone calls, and ensures they are properly serviced until completion
• Ensures proper technical information relevant for the troubleshooting process (diagram,
clear problem description, copy of configuration, etc.) is in place, and gathers it if it is not
• Keep constant, fluid, timely and relevant communication, both verbally and in written with
all the entities involved on the issue being handled.
• Gets on phone calls and onsite meetings with Fortinet partners and customers to explain
potential misunderstandings (if any). Calls any relevant entity proactively to ask for
information if needed.
• Makes sure a "plan to resolution” or action plan exists for any raised issue, or helps to
create one along with assigned TAC engineer, including resources, time and effort
• Sits on conference calls representing Fortinet, explaining on the best possible way why
the issue has not been solved (if that is the case) and what is the resolution plan.
• Sets up testing environments to replicate customer scenarios and find the root cause for
issues been handled.
• Sets proper expectations about what can be done and what cannot be done to solve the
issue in a positive language.
• Delivers Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) for resolution with a positive language.
• Ensures there are daily advances on each escalated issue. So, a single day should not pass
without an action performed by somebody towards a final resolution, even if the action
is "waiting for something to happen".
• Interface with the Fortinet support, professional services, TAM, escalations and RMA
organizations to raise visibility/importance on bugs or failures identified for these cases.
• Interface with Product Management, so product maturity issues with recently launched
products/versions/models are taken into account and addressed on future product
• Communicate status on escalated issues to customers and Fortinet personnel on a
• Travel within the assigned territory to ensure all distributors, partners and customers, get
the appropriate level of attention and care, according to the importance of the accounts.
• Support educational efforts (both in-classroom and remote via Webinars) targeted to
keep a high degree of knowledge about Fortinet’s solutions, to the partner, reseller and
• Create technical documents and/or presentations that can help the partner base to
perform more quality installations, effectively using Fortinet’ products strengths to solve
• Participate and be part of the feedback process to Research and Development, on
information that flows from customers, partners and distributors, regarding potential
improvements in Fortinet product line.
• Be part of the internal engineering communities (Tech Teams, Mailing lists, Partner
Forums) and assist others within or outside the region, in order to make Fortinet more
successful as a company.
• Take internal or external trainings as needed (including self-training modules) in order to
keep product knowledge at the best possible, and be an expert resource for resellers,
partners, distributors and other peers.
• Collaboratively work with peers within Latin America, in order to work on initiatives
specific to the LATAM Market, which can help to give better service to our customers,
partners and the security community in general.
Job Experience / Abilities Required :
? Deep technical knowledge on computer networks and Internet security.
? Strong Negotiation skills
? Strong understanding of common TCP/IP Service Protocols, such as ICMP, DNS, FTP,
SMTP, HTTP, SNMP, SSH.
? Strong understanding in the following technologies and protocols: PPTP, L2TP, 802.1q,
802.1x, SSL, IKE, IPSec, 3DES, AES, SHA-1, MD5.
? At least 3 years of experience on design, installation and/or operation/support of
network security solutions, including at least three of the following: Firewalls, VPNs,
IDP/IPS, Antivirus Gateways, Web Content Filtering, AntiSpam, Vulnerability Managers,
Database Security, VoIP Security.
? Experience as operating systems administrator, either Microsoft Windows Sever or UNIX
? At least 1 year of Fortinet products experience.
? Experience with authentication systems such as LDAP, RADIUS, TACACS+, Active
Directory, Digital Certificates / PKI.
? Experience designing and/or operating/maintaining Wireless networking in a secure way.
? Deep understanding of Database solutions and Database security systems is a plus.
? Deep understanding of VoIP solutions and VoIP security systems is a plus.
? At least 2 product certifications on Networking, Firewalls, VPNs, IPS, Antivirus, AntiSpam,
URL Filtering or Vulnerability Managers; that can be from Fortinet or from other
competitor products is a plus.
? At least 2 years of experience on engineering pre-sales and post-sales activities, including
Sales meetings, Proof-of-concepts, Technical trainings, product sizing, solution design and
? Previous experience (at least one year) working with End Users on the assigned territory.
? Bilingual: Strong oral and written communication skills, both in Portuguese/Spanish and
English. Exceptional ability to clearly articulate messages in English and
? Strong analytical skills, oriented to details.
? Ability to be autodidact and learn new knowledge areas on his/her own.
? Proven track as problem solver.
? Highly organized. Capable of working and multi-tasking across multiple projects.
? Strong ability to talk to either the technical or management level.
? Self-motivated, with ability to work without direct supervision.
? Adaptable and flexible, operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
? Ability to work and take quick decisions under high pressure.
? Availability to travel up to 60% of the time.
? Availability to travel on short notice.
? Demonstrated experience working on distributed teams is a plus.
? Previous experience working with channels is a plus.
Other Job Requirements:
? Must not have any legal, diplomatic or other type of issues to get the appropriate Visas to
visit the United States and Canada for trainings, and appropriate visas to conduct
business meetings in the countries part of the assigned region (Mexico, The Caribbean,
Central America, South America, Brazil)
? Bachelor / Engineering degree on Computer Science, Electronics or Telecommunications
granted by a University recognized by the local Education System and/or Education
? Must be a citizen, or be legal resident and have a valid working visa for TERRITORY.
? Must currently live in City, Country, or close enough to attend daily meetings in City,