The Systems Engineer I is responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's advanced video and signal processing hardware, software and electrical systems. Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas. Works closely with Headend operations staff on system design and configuration.
• Minimum of 1 years of experience within Systems Administration/Engineering
• Minimum of 1 years of experience working with advanced video technologies
• Minimum of 1 years of experience working providing support and provisioning
• Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience
• Additional Job Requirements
• Experience working with Unix and Linux operating systems; specifically troubleshooting and providing administration
• Advanced Knowledge of Motorola (DAC) and/or CISCO (DNCS) video delivery systems
• Experience performing configuration and support of advanced video equipment (e.g. VOD, controllers, multiplexing, digital transport, edge QAM).
• Experience with scripting; Shell, PERL, etc.
• Experience providing 'on call' support on a rotating basis to resolve system/application issues after normal business hours
• Telecommunication industry experience
• Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (NCTI, SCTE, BCT/E)