MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
The Systems Engineer I – Application Support will provide support for a data center and its “back-up/hot center” that hosts over 300 applications. This position is part of a team that supports hosted applications running on both Windows and Linux platforms. Responsible for CDC’s Consolidated Web and Web Application Services.
- Provide Administrative Management Support for Web Application, Web Services, and Windows Services Development on all consolidated Windows2008-2016, IIS 7.0-8.5, .NET Framework 2.0 - 4.6.2 Web server environments.
- Provide administrative support for non-Consolidated program specific hosting platforms such as Apache, Tomcat, and IAS.
- Assist in the development and implementation of documentation, Architecture Diagrams; provide support for RunBooks for the current web application environments to provide Disaster Recovery in the event of server or application failures.
- Work with Program project leads to insure that compatibility and security constraints are taken into consideration throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Attend project planning meetings to advice on application architecture, web standards, and related practices for current and future application development and hosting.
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED with at least 5years of systems engineeringexperiencerequired
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with at least 3years of systems engineeringexperiencepreferred
- Experience with the following:
- IIS 7.0-8.5, Apache \ Tomcat Server
- VMWare, VPN \ CITGO
- SQL Reporting Services 2008-2016,
- F5 LB
- WSFTP \ ServU
- CA SiteMinder \ SecureProxy
- VS Suite
- HP SC
- RDP \ RDCM
- MS MMC
- Work is performed in a general office environment
- Ability to sit for up to 80% of time