American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Systems Engineer I to work with our Information Technology Operations team. This position will provide advanced application platform and systems support to IT Operations through system engineering and software administration, new software integration and existing software support projects as assigned by manager. This position is the escalation point for the Systems Administrator positions and provides guidance as well as training to the rest of the staff. Building new areas of productivity for the team and business via scripting and other technologies. Bring new technologies into the group and implement those to enhance or replace existing software packages and/or tool kits with the most modern capabilities.
Remote Worker Considerations:
The safety of our employees, both current and future, is ASH’s highest priority. At this time, most of our employees are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment.
- Create and maintain Active Directory GPO policies and SCCM/Intune compliance policies
- Create and maintain scripts created to support automation of tasks as needed.
- Optimizes integrated orchestration and automation throughout the environment.
- Implements and maintains automation/scripting via Powershell, Orchestrator, and SCCM.
- Works with software, infrastructure, network engineers and DBAs to solve productivity challenges, drive efficiency and automate environment builds and application releases.
- Develops and supports monitoring solutions to ensure application performance and availability goals are met.
- Implements and maintains cloud-based infrastructure and automated provisioning.
- Works within the Office 365 environment to ensure best practices and security policies are created and maintained across all products. Is the ITO contact point with the security department on Office 365 security and compliance configurations.
- Implements and maintains Windows servers; security, backup/disaster recovery and related systems.
- Works with Enterprise Security and development teams to support vulnerability testing processes and tools.
- Works with all ITO to become a SME in at least one, or multiple, Enterprise Application Platforms and develop ways to integrate and increase productivity and stability.
- Participate in on-call support rotation and take ownership of escalated problem resolution.
- Supports application environments including Windows Server and other 3rd party applications.
- Troubleshoot advanced issues in the hypervisor, server or VDI environments.
- Maintains software update and upgrades cycles with current and new solutions.
- Provides support to systems support technicians for high-level support issues.
- Performs end user technical support as needed.
- Provide training and knowledge transfer to other staff to build the team’s skillsets and abilities. Uses their knowledge/experience to directly train peers and build up the team.
- Acts as backup and escalation point for System Administrators.
- Attends team, departmental and staff meetings to discuss issues and foster teamwork.
- Travel to other offices as needed to support IT infrastructure.
- Attends industry seminars, conferences, training classes and reads industry journals to stay current on technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Microsoft 365 or Azure Certified preferred.
- VMware Associate (VCA-DBT) or VMware Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV) preferred.
- Minimum 5 years applied advanced systems administration in a mission critical Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 and Office 365 environment.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record. Availability of automobile for on the job use and proof of insurance.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2012/2016/2019, Powershell, Active Directory/AD Connect, Office 365/SharePoint, and high-availability architecture.
- High level of knowledge and experience in the building and application of PowerShell and PowerCLI scripting, Active Directory Group Policies and Office 365 Configuration/Management.
- Basic understanding and experience of VMware platform and vRealize Suite.
- Basic understanding and experience of Cisco Networking and UCS Blade Technologies preferred.
- Proven troubleshooting skills and a team player.
- Effective written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.