· This individual will be leading one or more hardware based product realization teams
· Acts with authority for one or more complex projects, initiatives or programs on behalf of D/860 Systems Engineering.
· May support strategic planning for and plans for significant technical projects or more than one project of significant scope and complexity that significantly impact the business.
· Advises and consults as technical support to other technical and administrative personnel to drive and implement short and long-term projects.
· Estimates manpower requirements and schedules work to meet completion dates and technical requirements.
· Supports comprehensive proposals and cost estimates, evaluates progress and results, and recommends and directs the implementation of major revisions in approaches and objectives; may set, modify and/or negotiate schedule changes and dates.
· Influences or coordinates the work of a significant project, program, product or component for a section or department of functional division with responsibility for project objectives, completion dates, and technical specifications.
· Recommends and directs the implementation of significant revisions in approaches and objectives.
· Negotiates complex states of work, schedules, budgets, and anticipates and resolves issues regarding customer relationships.
· Suggests initiatives to resolve critical processes and technological-related issues.
· Stays current with relevant emerging technology and business trends.
· Uses business knowledge to evaluate and prioritize business opportunities base.
Note: This position is targeted at the Senior Engineer level but candidates currently at the Engineer III level may be considered. Moves within Engineer III and Senior are lateral moves. Candidates remain eligible for the Engineering In-family progression process.
You Must Have:
· U.S. citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy "Q"-level government security clearance.
· BS in Engineering (ChE, EE, IE, ME, Materials, Systems) from ABET accredited institution.
· Minimum 6 years of applied progressively complex experience in Engineering or related technical activities, including application of advanced engineering principles and technology related to highly complex technical assignments.
· MS in Engineering (Che, EE, IE, ME, Materials, Systems, Management) from an ABET accredited institution.
· Current or prior government contractor experience
· History of applied comprehensive functional and cross-functional analysis, project development/planning, negotiation and execution.
· Minimum 6 years of experience executing complex project management in a Systems Engineering role.
· Six Sigma Green Belt, Six Sigma Black Belt or Lean Certification.
· Experience with entire product life cycle.
· PMP Certification.
· INCOSE Certification