1. Act as a technical resource for Microsoft Windows operating system based servers and services supporting HJF business and research systems.
2. Act as a technical resource for Citrix based application and desktop virtualization services supporting HJF business and research systems
3. Plan, design, deploy and support Microsoft Windows based file, print, identity, web, application and security servers and services.
4. Plan, design, secure and improve the Foundation's Citrix infrastructure.
5. Perform site visits as needed to HJF-supported activities in order to interact with users and anticipate needs. Provide training to IT Services support staff as required for them to support Windows and Citrix based services.
6. Solve shared systems and service related issues as they arise.
Required knowledge, skills and ability:
1. Experience designing and supporting Windows and Citrix XenApp services in a multi-platform environment.
2. Advanced skills in Windows server operating systems, Citrix XenApp and related applications troubleshooting and problem solving.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills to work with a wide variety of personnel of varied technical knowledge. The incumbent must have the skills to work in a dynamic environment where priorities change rapidly.
Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor's degree
Minimum Experience: 5 or more years’ experience or equivalent experience
Physical Capabilities: Able to communicate verbally, ability to write and prepare documents in a variety of forms, ability to move within the work site, ability to travel to and move within supported research sites.