Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com.
Lead Systems Engineering Activities that develop communications solutions around complex tactical radio and networking systems that satisfy specific customer requirements for critical wireless communications.
- Manage and lead the design of systems utilizing Harris products with other vendor equipment. Includes HF, VHF, UHF, microwave, data, IP networks and/or custom design peripheral subsystems in both voice and data applications integrated into a variety of platforms and systems (C4ISR).
- Provide oversight of the project efforts including: requirements decomposition; designing, documenting and costing of systems, and execution of program deliverables with close coordination with SEIT (Systems Engineering Integration & Test) Lead including integration and test of those systems.
- Lead a team of engineers to the successful completion of the project activities. May also involve direct supervision of engineers in a matrix environment.
- Create and manage Systems Safety Program Plans (SSPP) and all sub activities associated.
- Develop project activity plans for assigned leadership activities and ensure the plan is successfully executed, achieving the expected quality and performance while completing on time and on budget.
- Provide periodic management reports of key metrics including schedule performance, cost to complete, risk mitigation plans, and key performance parameters.
- Manage the project risks with the SEIT Lead and ensure we are proactively mitigating and reducing risks during the project execution.
- Support the SEIT Lead in determining the end customer's technical requirement.
- Responsible for coordination with configuration management of all documents for assigned activities.
- Work with Contract Management to provide requirements and guidance to outside vendors.
- Position requires the demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with internal organizations (Sales, Program Management, Operations, and a globally dispersed engineering team) to complete assigned projects.
- Successful candidate will possess excellent technical, interpersonal and customer skills, plus demonstrate the capacity to effectively foster team building within and beyond his/her work group.
- BSEE/BSCE and 10+ years of experience or Master’s Degree with 8+ years of work experience
- 2+ years of experience of demonstrated in project management of Systems Design and Systems Integration with relevant technology.
- Approximately 10% short term international travel anticipated
Preferred Additional Skills:
Additional skills preferred in one or more of the following areas:
- Computer Proficiency – Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, and MS Project. Programming skills a plus for workflow automation and complex analysis. Experience with MSSharePoint is a plus.
- Expertise in one or more of the following: Military Tactical Radio Applications and Systems Design (HF, VHF, UHF, Satcom), IP Networking, Wireless Voice and Data Systems, Platform and Vehicular Integration, C4ISR systems design
- Technical proposal experience to include knowledge and expertise in the following areas: detailed scheduling, work breakdown structure development, basis of estimate (BOE) development and technical writing. Proficiency at writing clear and concise reports and presentations tailored to a wide variety of audiences.
- Proficiency at writing clear and concise language tailored to a wide variety of audiences. Successful candidate will possess excellent technical, interpersonal and customer skills, plus demonstrate the capacity to effectively foster team building within and beyond his/her work group.
- Experience with process improvement in a CMMI and ISO9001 work environment.
- International travelexperiences, working with international teams and understanding of cultural sensitivity a plus. Foreign language proficiency is also a plus.
- PMP Certification a plus