Are you interested in changing the world of healthcare and human services? Do you want to work with innovative web and mobile software applications with great impact on society? Can you provide smart ideas and experiments about what’s possible? Do you work hard to help others to achieve their best results? Do you want to be amazed, inspired and proud of your job every day? Come and show us what you’re made of.
Mediware Information Systems, Inc. is a fast growing Top 100 Healthcare Software company. We design and build products that are inspiring and make a real impact in people’s lives. We have 1000+ employees across the US, UK and Netherlands. Mediware’s portfolio of solutions currently includes long-term services and supports, behavioral health, blood solutions, cellular therapy, home care, medication management, rehabilitation and respiratory therapy.
The Systems Engineer is a key member of the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) team responsible for installing, configuring, monitoring and maintaining high performance, highly available, secure applications in a SaaS cloud hosted environment for the various Mediware applications and products. The Systems Engineer is responsible for providing technical support for the Hypervisor environment, Storage Area Network (SAN), XenApp/Citrix Administration, Microsoft Windows/Windows Clustering, SQL, Active Directory (AD), and Sharepoint. This includes various systems management skills including patching, monitoring and maintaining the SaaSnetwork, compute and storage environments. This includes overseeing the administration of production and non-production assets, assessment, and implementation of new technologies. This includes providing recommendations within the SaaS hosting operations with a long-term perspective on technology roadmap and the business opportunities facing the company. The Systems Engineer will work with architecture, application development and operations to help achieve a steady-state environment that meets current and future business objectives.
Principal Functions of the Job
· Installation, configuration and maintenance of Mediware's SaaSinfrastructure and related application configurations.
· Configuration and maintenance of Microsoft Windows Active Directory.
· Development and maintenance of scripts using PowerShell/ other tools for the purposes of automating routine system administration tasks in order to optimize the delivery of Mediware's SaaS applications.
· Maintain the health and performance of the SaaS infratrcucture (networks, servers, SAN, configuration, firmware upgrades, security and operating system patches, and other software maintenance such antivirus, security tools, monitoring, maintenance, alerting and other systems management functions.
· Configuration and maintenance of Hypervisor environments.
· Creation and maintenance of documentation as it relates to system builds and configurations, system administration, associated processes, policies, including day to day SaaS operations, business continuity and disaster recovery.
· Participate in hosting operations change management process and on-call duties.
· Participate in the training and/or mentoring programs as assigned or required.
· Adhere's to the Mediware Values and supports a positive company's culture
· Responds to the needs and requests of clients and Mediware management and staff in a professional and expedient manner.
· Updates SaaS product licensing, users, catalog and other needed updates from the development team
· Other Duties As Assigned
Required Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science. 5 years experience in relevant technical areas will be considered in lieu of education.
· Minimum 3 years System Engineer work experience in a SaaS environment
· Experience working with Hypervisor Environments (Citrix, VMWare...)
· Experience working with Storage Area Networks/arrays including Fiber Channel and ISCSI
· Experience working with Windows Server, Active Directory (UaC, GPO etc.) and PowerShell
· Systems Management Experience (Monitoring, Patching and Updating and Alerting)
· Previous experience developing and maintaining batch scripts, PowerShell scripts
· Ability to evaluate and configure new technical platforms as necessary to meet the needs of the SaaS environment
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent troubleshooting, listening and problem-solving skills
· Able to work in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
· Customer focused
· Works well in a team environment
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assistance