Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity?Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Systems Engineer – Guidance Navigation and Control for UAV’s – New Grad – VA to join our team in Sterling, VA (2300). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins Control Technologies (RCCT) is looking for enthusiastic guidance, navigation, and control (GNC) engineers to join our growing team. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins and help shape our future while creating yours.
In November of 2017, the position will be at our Sterling, VA location. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
Our group has become one of the go-to places for solving difficult flight control, estimation, and navigation problems. Our customers come to us because they know we have the skills, knowledge, and determination to tackle the tough problems and deliver products that work every time. Some examples of applications we support include:
- Unmanned aircraft landing systems
- Computer vision for precision pose estimation
- Hand-held targeting systems
- Fly-by-wire control systems for airliners
- Damage tolerant flight control for autonomous rotorcraft
Our most successful candidates have a strong background in estimation and control, a passion for learning new areas and new concepts, and the determination to see their ideas through from concept to end product. Joining our team, you would have the opportunity to learn from some of the best GNC experts in the world, while also strengthening the team with your unique expertise and experience.
A typical project might include:
- Diving head first into a new challenging problem area
- Developing working prototype solutions in MATLAB/Simulink
- Working closely with system and software engineers to ensure successful implementation and testing of algorithms
- Supporting test campaigns for: manned and unmanned aircraft, precision targeting systems, navigation subsystems, and computer vision systems just to name a few
- Clearly communicating technical concepts to internal and external customers
Must Have Requirements:
- advanced degree in aerospace, mechanical, electrical engineering, or related field
- US Citizenship / Permanent Residence
- strong background in control and estimation theories
- working knowledge of fixed and rotary wing aircraft dynamics and control
- proficiency in Matlab/Simulink
- practical experience with autonomous systems
- proficiency in trajectory planning and optimization algorithms
- expertise in machine learning
- experience with image processing
- background in Kalman Filtering
Requisition ID: 1471