Globecomm is a leading global communications provider serving government and commercial markets in over 80 countries. Globecomm employs engineering expertise in consulting services, system design and integration, maritime and mobile communications, media services, and mission critical networks, to provide its customers the optimal solution. Globecomm is dedicated to improving communications and leverages its world class, global network to offer end-to-end, managed service communication’s solutions worldwide.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for design and implementation tasks assigned by the Team Lead. This includes engineering development, systems integration, and implementation of satellite network solutions.
- Support design and implementation of satellite ground stations and networks ranging from VSAT terminals to teleport solutions.
- Support systems analysis to demonstrate compliance with contract specification.
- Prepare and maintain system drawings and operation and maintenance process/procedures.
- Create detailed drawings package to include network diagrams, schematics, wire run list, parts lists as required.
- Prepare test plans and test procedures for in-plant and on-site acceptance testing to customer requirements.
- Prepare systems training documents, support and lead customer training as required.
- Lead acceptance testing at both in-plant and at customers facilities.
- Provide direction to integration production team.
- Provide support/supervision of on-site implementation team.
- Ensure compliance with company Quality standards.
- Prepare project task schedule and manage tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in ElectricalEngineering (BSEE) or related field
- 5 years of hands-on experience in design and implementation of Satellite Communication Networks.
- Understanding of both IF & RF signal level and distribution.
- Understanding of satellite link budgets and EIRP, G/T, and C/N.
- Understanding of RF modulation and coding.
- Ability to use applicable test equipment including RF Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, and Power Meters.
- Knowledge and experience using monitor and control software.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to produce quality work within tight timelines and support several projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Project, Visio, and CAD.
- Ability to travel to both domestic and overseas locations (up to 30%).
Valued but not required skills and experience
- IT/IP Networking experience.
- Microwave, Wi-Fi, Broadcast networkexperience.