Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
Linux Engineer/SysAdmin with hands-on experience in the following areas:
Using virus scan McAfee software
Linux to Windows file sharing using Samba
Performing backups using Bacula
Programming languages using Perl, Bash and Python
Operating systems software using Centos and Scientific Linux version 6 and 7
CISCO 2960/3750 switches
ASA 5500 Firewalls
Windows 7 administration, Windows Server 2003 and 2012
Hyper V Virtualization Software for managing virtual environments
Dev/Ops tools to include SonarCube, Maven, Jenkins, Puppet
Hardware experience using HP G5-G9
Load Balancer software using Piranha and HP Proxy
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Job ID 2018-50040