Position Overview :
Fortinet is looking for a Sr. Systems Engineer to work closely with a sales representative in the US Carrier and Service Provider sales organization. The Systems Engineer's main mission will be to support the sales organization in all technical matters regarding pre-sales, sales calls, and post-sales.
Job Responsibilities :
• Assist in qualifying sales leads from a technical standpoint.
• Be the main technical resource on sales calls
• Answer / educate the customer on issues ranging from features, specifications and functionality to integration.
• Conduct power point technical presentations on site, or via webex.
• Provide support for evaluations and PoC
• Conversant with networking applications and solutions.
• Be the lead technical contact for identified accounts for technical issues
• Work closely with the technical support team and engineering to answer, escalate, and resolve customer's technical issues.
• Provide assistance to identified customers with post-sales training.
Job Skills Required :
• 3 - 5 years experience in technical/pre-sales support as a sales or systems engineer
• 5 - 7 years experience in LAN/WAN/Internet services administration, Network Security
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP, Firewall concepts
• Knowledge of the following technologies: Routing, Switching, VPN, LAN, WAN, Intrusion Detection, Anti Virus, Web Filtering.
• Strong understanding in the following technologies and protocols: RADIUS, PKI, IKE, Certificates, L2TP, IPSEC, 802.1Q, MD5, SSH, SSL, SHA1, DES, 3DES, BGP, OSPF, STP/MSTP, HTTP, JSON, LDAP
• Experience with encryption and authentication technologies required
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Self motivated team player
Educational Requirements :
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in computing .