Systems Engineer for Embedded Analytics
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
This engineering position involves the development of embedded signal processing and classification solutions for industrial, environmental, security and health related applications. The job involves acquiring system expertise in a given application area, applying signal processing and classification techniques using HMMs, neural networks, deep learning, etc to identify relevant system signatures/trends, creating necessary system simulations to demonstrate solution feasibility, designing a reference design (sensing HW and data analytics using TI product portfolio: MCU, sensor AFE, etc) to demonstrate proof of concept, and implementing the concepts in a prototype to demonstrate functionality. We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, hard-working, results-oriented individual to contribute in an extremely talented team environment.
• System Knowledge: develop and apply system expertise in a given application area and design solutions using TI silicon portfolio (MCUs, MPUs, DSPs, analog components, etc.)
• Signal Processing: develop algorithms to calibrate, intelligently operate sensors and analysis sensing data in embedded devices for a given application area
• Hardware Design: Define AFE hardware requirements and proven characteristics to interface sensors to digital signal processing unit (DSPs, MCUs, MPUs) and work with board designers to develop prototype systems
• Verification: Provide complete system simulations to validate the viability of a given solution, analyze system performance requirements and perform system tradeoff analysis
• Prototyping: develop a working prototype together with team members with TI portfolio: MCU/MPU/DSP device + AFE + sensor to demonstrate solutions which include develop final SW implementing the algorithms efficiently.
• Solution: provide a complete solution (documentation, simulations, software, hardware, test infrastructure) to ensure a smooth transition of given solution to business unit
• Customer Interactions: work with business units to engage with customers, demonstrate system knowledge and provide system support
• Networking: identify business units within the company that would benefit from systems knowledge/solutions developed in the group
• Intellectual Property : Generate relevant patents for TI to protect TI position in the application area.
• Emerging Technologies: monitor competitive landscape for performance benchmark relative to competition and find new applications/opportunities in the embedded analytics space using existing TI products or define future products.
• Analyze competitor landscape and identify areas of differentiation for TI
• Develop project plan, identify key milestones and develop time estimates for each milestone to complete the project
• PhD in Electrical Engineering along with 3+ years of industrial experience in algorithm and signal processing/classification
• Demonstrated signal processing algorithm design experience for environmental sensors (e.g. acoustic, motion, temp, pressure), magnetic (flux, hall), position sensors (encoders, IR, US, accel), bio-medical sensors (e.g. ECG, EEG, EKG, HRM)
• Proficient with Matlab/Simulink to develop system simulations that include sensor models and circuit components to analyze the potential HW + SW solutions
• Experience in resolving differences between simulation and real time prototype designs to demonstrate value in proposed solution.
• Proficient with the C programming language, real-time embedded software/operating system and experience with SW development tools (e.g. CCS/Eclipse)
Desired Skills and Experiences:
• Can provide HW/SW partitioning analysis for most efficient system implementation
• Proven ability to develop real-time analog + MCU processor solution, which includes understanding of MCU HW architectures to configure necessary HW components needed to implement a given solution
• Experience in debugging HW and SW and deliver a working prototype
• Can work with others and brainstorm potential solutions
• Deliver solutions on-time with high quality
• Follow SW framework/development flow and SW management tools such as Git.
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.