Boeing Defense, Space & Security is seeking multiple Human Factors Systems Engineers (3-mid level) to support the Bombers, Airborne Surveillance and Military/Government Executive Transport Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) teams. These positions are located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
These unique roles require an understanding of engineering processes and the ability to communicate engineering requirements into a contractually sound technical baseline. The individual must be enthusiastic and hands on in their approach and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Some travel may be required, and may be for extended periods of time working away from the OKC location.
- Working closely with other engineering disciplines in an integrated team environment to develop procurement specifications and statements of work for a variety of complex systems.
- Performs stakeholder needs analysis, technical measure definition, and requirements analysis, allocation and definition.
- Uses the structured requirements process to ensure requirements are clear, unambiguous verifiable and affordable.
- Performs cost vs. requirements trade studies, cost driver analysis, and analysis of supplier cost proposals using parametric cost modeling techniques.
- Assists with various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
- Assists with analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience developing supplier requirements (SSOWs, interface control documents, specification control documents).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Systems Engineering principles with an emphasis on Human Factors.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience conducting trade studies applying Systems Engineering principles.
Preferred Skills (Assets):
- Experience with projects and initiatives across multiple functions.
- Experience with design review presentations with emphasis on airborne systems human - machine interfaces and ergonomics.
- Military flight or ground maintenance developmental /operational suitability test experience a plus.
Typical Education / Experience
Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.