Systems Engineer - EUT
5 - 7 years experience •
The world of investing is fascinating yet complex. While hundreds of first -time investors are turning to the markets to help pay for their homes, send their children to college and secure their futures the mission of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is becoming all the more vital. CSRA is excited to support the SEC in as it seeks to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation.
The SEC ISS program is a comprehensive IT program charged with operating, managing, and advancing the SEC's IT infrastructure. Our dynamic program team of IT leaders and large and small business partners is seeking bright, energetic and talented individuals to join us as we bring our innovative IT Service Delivery solutions to SEC. Currently; we are seeking an End User Technology Specialist in Washington, D.C. The work schedule is Monday through Friday with the occasional requirement to support off-hour work during evenings and/or weekends. The selected candidate must be able to obtain a Public Trust Suitability clearance, per contract requirements. Since 1934 the SEC has been restoring and ensuring investor confidence in our capital markets by providing investors and the markets with more reliable information and clear rules of honest dealing. Are you ready to do your part and support all Americans in this mission?
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience within end user computing including but not limited to OS diagnostics API, file, network, and registry tracing, application diagnostics API, file, network, and registry tracing, Network traffic tracing, and OS customization and deployment.
- Must have experience and knowledge of a broad range of IT technologies, such as, operating systems, hardware, and applications.
- Must have experience supporting IT operations and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Demonstrated experience in evaluating, testing, and documenting Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software and hardware products and solutions including development and engineering tools.
- Experience working within Federal Government environments.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience maintaining technical data and documentation.
It would be great if you also had:
- MS certification in desktop operating system(s) (windows 7 & 10)
The responsibilities for candidates in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs day-to-day activities related to IT failures of end user hardware, software, and operating systems. Troubleshoots complex issues and provides incident resolution for all related incidents requiring escalated support or subject matter enterprise within end user OS, hardware, and software, to include, end user equipment, local and network printers, HDD, removable media encryption, GPO settings, server/network based applications. Provides supervision and direction as needed to support staff, to include technical direction.
- Responsible for supporting IT testing operations, such as testing patches (Microsoft, third-party applications, and custom hot fixes); testing software deployments; identify, document, and troubleshoot issues related to patch and software deployments; tier 2/3 support as necessary; troubleshooting technical issues in development and production environments.
- Assist with updating Process and Procedure documentation for End User Technology and Service Desk.
CSRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status or any other Characteristic Protected by Law.