Albireo Energy is seeking a Systems Engineer in support of technology systems at multiple data center facilities in New York, New Jersey and Delaware. Our customers are global leaders in the financial services industry with a need for exceptional talent in a technology driven business.
This position will provide and oversee day-to-day hardware and software, problem analysis and resolution, and user training in relation to the core facilities support systems and applications. As the primary customer contact at the site, this role will be responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction to increase program growth. Applicants must be willing to learn the operation and interface to critical facilities support systems. Effective collaboration with the customer's production facilities staff is essential.
· Maintain Windows 2008/2012/2016 servers and XP/Windows7/ Windows10 workstations
· Maintain and troubleshoot network equipment including Cisco switches
· Setup and administer network management and monitoring architecture
· Maintain and troubleshoot field communications (Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP & TCP/IP) Ability to perform hands-on work with field equipment installations and troubleshooting
· Optimize network and server performance
· Without instructions, plans, directs, co-ordinates with other third-party vendors and manages activities as needed to meet deadlines and deliver effective solutions
· Ability to travel on short notice as required to support client projects
· Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience in related study
· Interpersonal Skills
· Self-motivated, innovative and resourceful
· Effective resource allocation
· Ability to think strategically
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Knowledge of Windows 2008/2012/2016 server design, implementation & administration.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and BackOffice products such as Exchange & SQL.
· Knowledge of routers, switches, backup, firewalls and remote access.
· Knowledge of IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, SNMP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP protocols.
· Familiarity with MS Project and MS Access preferred.