We are looking for a Systems Engineer to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
- Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining of all server hardware and software, including operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Requirements/ Technical Proficiencies:
- vSphere, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, SQL, Exchange Server 2016, Windows Server 2016
- Experience with virtualization and containerization, preferably VMware
- Server hardware (3 tier or Hyper Converged with NetApp and HP experience preferred)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP), including WAN, VPN connectivity troubleshooting and configuration (such as Cisco, OpenVPN, IPSec).
- Security software such as Antivirus, Antispam, Antimalware, and other security related technologies
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows/Linux based environments.
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Powershell, Python)