Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Engility is currently seeking an experienced Systems Engineer for a dynamic contract supporting an Intelligence Community customer within the special communications field. Join our fantastic team supporting an exciting mission that impacts national security. Strong candidates will possess a customer-focused mentality. If you are someone who has a strong sense of composure combined with a demonstrated ability to adapt priorities at a moment’s notice, this is the role for you!
The successful candidate will have the ability to deal effectively and tactfully with all government and contractor personnel, sponsors, and visitors; will pay attention to detail; will follow through on assignments; will work effectively with little supervision and must be able to work calmly under changing conditions
- Develop and perform analytical procedures to document and manage changing requirements and capabilities/technologies
- Provide technical expertise to the Special Communications (SC) Roadmap, Investment Strategy, Strategic Plans, and Enterprise Strategy efforts
- Conduct studies and analysis supporting engineering, technology assessments, and system engineering requirements
- Support the DoD operational, deliberate, and crisis mission planners by providing recommendations on relevant employable SC system and acquisition alternatives
- Work in conjunction with engineers and subject matter experts throughout the Intelligence Community and engage with military and IC representatives to determine intelligence needs
- Document CONOPS, requirements, test plans, interfaces, and capabilities as needed
- Assist in the development of transition paths to customers
- Must have an active/current TS/SCI security clearance and be willing and able to pass a CI polygraph.
- Requires 5 years of relevant experience working with IC
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physical Science or Computer Science
- Experience in the review and analysis of technical documentation to include technical journals and system specifications
- Experience in using data organizing and presentation software (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Training or experience in intelligence systems
- Training or experience with technical material on or related to Special Communications
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Basic understanding of multiple communication technologies (cyber, satellite, RF, cellular, etc)
- Hands on experience performing hardware testing, assessment, and demonstrations to users/customers