: Engility is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our talented team in our Chantilly, VA office. The ideal candidate will support a project that is part of an overall customer organization (SCO) providing critical communication functions within the intelligence community. This is an opportunity to solve some of the most challenging problems facing satellite/ground communications systems and operations.
Key responsibilities are:
- Assess and prepare technical documents, and ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Interact daily with engineering teams to enhance and implement effective system engineering processes across the organization.
- Working in close collaboration with the Sponsor and other contractors, tasks include but are not limited to:
- elicitation and documentation of user needs
- development of architecture requirements from user and enterprise needs
- analysis of alternatives
- technical, operational, and programmatic feasibility analyses
- preparation of briefings to, for, and on behalf of government managers
- verification of requirements meeting customer mission needs
- Bachelor's of Science degree in a technical engineering (or similar) discipline with a minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience
- An active TS/SCI clearance with Poly is required
- Broad knowledge of digital signaling, satellite communications engineering, systems engineering, and ground systems development
- Knowledge of System Engineering processes and ability to perform analysis of alternatives and trend analysis
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter and self-motivator
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships with customers at all levels
- Ability to develop and formulate solutions for problems/issues
- Work collaboratively in a multi-contractor environment
- Some travel within CONUS to support design reviews and user needs elicitation will be required
- Knowledgeable in software architecture frameworks and migrating systems to cloud infrastructures; Scaled Agile/Scrum-based development experience is a plus; Experience with Linux, MYSGL and Windows operating system
- Related experience in Intelligence Community, acquisition, systems integration
- Knowledgeable in space based communications: X-Midas, modeling, beamforming, RF Analysis, RF processing, geolocation