SYSTEMS ENGINEER – ELECTRICAL OR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
MATERIAL HANDLING INDUSTRY
REPORTS TO: BID DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Reviews customers’ requirements and proposes solutions to customer needs with regard to material handling systems. Responsible for the technical solution for the project from concept to final acceptance by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyses customer requests and proposes solutions to meet customer needs. Ensures that the solution being proposed to the customer is sound, competitive and meets the specifications with respect to technical performance.
- Participates in customer meetings withsales to gather information and analyze the requirements.
- Reviews bids for specifications, acceptance criteria, and accuracy of the proposals to ensure the technical solution is properly represented.
- Advises Project Management and Senior Management on the ‘bid no bid’ process as to the feasibility of the customer request.
- Reviews and analyses proposals submitted to determine the beneficial derivatives and possible applications to justify expenditures.
- Prepares estimates to Project Management for proposal funding.
- Assures that the acceptance terms of the contracts are reasonable and attainable as proposed.
- Responsible for the technical writing of the proposals as well as the layout and manifest of the system.
- Responsible for the acceptance testing procedure and terms proposed for the project. Also responsible for the final acceptance testing at the end of the project assigned. This includes field supervision of personnel and verification of the results.
- Implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures as well as Systems solutions, progress reports and schedules to inform management of current status of projects.
- Supervises assigned personnel to specific projects being executed by the department.
- Request for additional support personnel from other departments required to execute proposals such as estimating and project engineering.
- Works with the Marketing group in the classification of products and their application in the development of new business.
- Proposes new solutions and components for the Product Development Department to develop that would open new markets and or increase the competitiveness of the proposals.
- Systems Engineer acts as primary technical liaison to insure company properly monitors and manages customer environment.
- Systems Engineer must focus on proactive and strategic customer communication.
- Maintains focus on continuing education for evolving technology solutions.
- Generate GA drawings in AutoCAD for Electrical devices.
- Generate a manifest of all equipment on the GA Drawing.
- Aid in the Bid Estimation process for Electrical.
- Help Facilitate Vendor and Sub-Contractor Relationships.
- Travel to customers sites for Pre-Proposal meetings/Information gathering.
- Generate High level Schedules for Projects.
- Able to manage small to large projects and possess the ability to supervise team activities.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year College or university, Electricalpreferred.
A minimum of 5years related experience and/or training, Electricalpreferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge in the distribution and order assembly process and/or knowledge in the material handling process.
Ability to use AutoCAD proficiently.
If candidate has material handling experience, the opportunity to either work from satellite office (southern state), your home office (anywhere) or relocation package to headquarters (the midwest) is available.
Estimated travel of 15%.