Here you will make a huge impact on consumer life , developing unique products that are an important component to the Residential IoT Ecosystem. Our team is smart, agile and communicative. We have a friendly startup type of environment where you will have the chance to see the big picture and create a complete product used by many consumers.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong background leading end-to-end product development with a cross-disciplinary understanding of system level architectures. This role is the lead for all phases of hardware and test development including technical planning, resource allocation and progress tracking using milestones. We are a lean and fast-paced work environment working on several parallel programs simultaneously. You will multitask, prioritize and plan through many stages of the development process including design, review, board bring-up, hardware test, and QA support.
- Lead product development efforts to ensure adequate resource allocation, the highest levels of quality and timely delivery
- Collaborate with a team of engineers to design and prototype embedded hardware, firmware and software.
- Be involved in design, development and testing of system components, including: circuit boards, analog and digital sensors.
- Maintain accurate project documentation using CAD tools, including schematics, BOMs and release packages.
- Contribute to the effort at all stages of design and prototyping: initial concept development, rapid and iterative design and testing efforts, manufacturing of engineering prototypes and demonstration to customers.
- Create and manage manufacturing test plans and documents.
- Act as the liaison to the manufacturing teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other engineering related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in detailed design and prototyping of electronic components
- Familiar with design cycle from start to finish and project management tools
- Experience in one or more of the following design areas:
- Analog and digital circuit board circuit design, layout, manufacturing and testing
- Microcontroller firmware design and test (C preferred)
- Knowledge of electronics fabrication and assembly
- Ability to communicate complex ideas orally and visually
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Product management skills
- Familiarity with basic configuration control processes
- Willingness to travel infrequently, up to 10%