Eagle Ray Inc. is looking for Systems Engineers to support the development of system capabilities from the identification of requirements through the deployment of capabilities through the requirements definition, designs and develops system-oriented products and prepares related installation, testing, operation, and maintenance specifications and instructions. Define and analyze architecture to establish operating conditions, conducts tests, define and analyze engineering proposals and related technical data to determine feasibility of developing new capabilities and/or modifying existing capabilities. Systems Engineers are cognizant of Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and practices, Change Management practices, and collaborates with various Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Project Teams, and Government entities.
- Analyze user requirements, CONOPS and high-level system architectures to derive, develop and decompose system-level specifications.
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the system is compatible with defined architecture, and meets customer needs.
- Conduct trade studies, to determine possible system (hardware, software, architecture) improvements.
- Plan and/or support enhancement projects (Path 1 and Path 2) and Block Upgrade projects (Path 3) through requirements definition, implementation, development, operations, performance, testing,cost and schedule, training and support, and/or system disposal.
- Develop technical documentation, including CONOPS, user guides, test plans, and other CDRL items.
- Perform deployment services, including site surveys and site installation and test.
- Perform individually and as part of a team.
- Provide input to hardware (COTS/GOTS/capacity/etc.) recommendations, including support for Technology Insertion in Government Technical Reference Model (TRM).
- Active participation in Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and program Engineering Review Boards (ERBs).
- Manage multiple projects of variable size.
- Define, plan and manage work packages (WP). Includes defining task, WP duration, WP sequencing, critical path analysis, resource assignment, and input to the Integrated master Schedule (IMS).
- Provide status to program management and input to customer status reports.
- Establish common processes across tasks, including configuration management (CM), risk management, quality assurance (QA), etc.
- Perform team lead functions.
- 6 years, or more, of systems engineering experience.
- Bachelor's in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related; or equivalent.
- Experience and/or familiarity with software and system lifecycle methodologies, (e.g ISO, CMMI, ITIL).
- Experience and/or familiarity with MS Office, including Word, Excel, Project.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- Agile software development methodology certification (e.g SCRUM Master)
Desired skills include:
- Demonstrated experiences or familiarity with EVMS, compliant with ANSIA/EIA Standard 748-B.
- Experience with requirements management tools
- Experience with automated testing tools (e.g., RSpec, Cucumber, etc.)