Domino's Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we're a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to 'deliver the dream' to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That's just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one "slice" of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you'd like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
Additional Job Details
The IT Systems Engineer works within the Global IT Store Ops group and cross-functionally with other Domino's IT groups. This Engineer will have the opportunity to provide team mentoring and guidance in the form of best IT practice to strengthen leadership skills. Their core responsibilities involve operability of IT systems involved in Point of Sale and other Domino's store functions. In this area, these Engineers will focus on:
- Integrating new and existing IT initiatives into Domino's operational frameworks and tools.
- Lead or participate in platform level IT solution design and implementation.
- Creating tooling and/or automating processes to enable more efficient work for Operations teams, Support teams, and Developers.
- Participating in the operational grooming of new store technology changes or additions
- Participating in production readiness evaluations as part of release management
- Coordinating and executing production pilot software deployments for Domino's Point of Sale and surrounding systems
- Leading or participating in system problem solving efforts alongside with Domino's development and/or support teams
- Leading or participating in the triage and resolution of critical, high visibility production system impacts
- Proactively identifying and resolving system issues impactful to business operations
- Leading or participating in the triage and resolution of critical, high visibility system impacts
- Ensuring application and system configuration compliance for Domino's systems
- Analyzing systems and procedures to identify value add improvement opportunities
- 6+ years in IT operations and/or application support
- or 3+ years in IT operations and/or application support for retail focused systems
- 5+ years in scripted production system automation and production system design
- from scratch, polished, PowerShell scripting preferred
- Expertise and experience in Microsoft Hyper-V
- Experience with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) or Operating System Deployment (OSD)
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools
- Takes pride in work while appreciating feedback, discussion, and iteration
- Ability to participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
- Ability to travel 5%
Nice to have:
- Experience with PowerShell DSC or other Infrastructure as Code frameworks
- Experience with Splunk or similar log analyzers