As a SysEng/DevOps Engineer in the Infrastructure Engineering organization, you will be a member of a dynamic team focusing on building and maintaining an enterprise level, cloud computing infrastructure. You understand and apply a wide variety of concepts, practices and procedures of service delivery engineering, and can resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways.
You are a self-starter, able to make quick, effective decisions and think outside the box. Take management requirements and are able to design and implement automation. You work on multiple projects of moderate complexity. Demonstrate good judgment and use your expertise in selecting methods and techniques for developing solutions. Doing more with less is a challenge in which you excel.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- You will be part of CANS (Capacity Add and New Services) team within the Service Engineering org.
- Required to define requirements for, and write/test custom tools to handle DevOps work not covered by the tools team (Compute Systems).
- Work very closely with the tools team (Compute Systems) to provide feedback and requirements for enhancements of the tools you will use for the Infrastructure build outs. Contribute code wherever possible to their code bases to drive improvement.
- Responsible for infrastructure builds for production capacity and new services rollout. You will also be responsible for DevOps support to our Service Engineers and the R&D teams.
- Work very closely with Service Engineers to provide build and DevOps support to the new micro services.
- Must make ownership and accountability for one's actions, and be known for meticulous attention to detail.
- Develop and leverage your already strong leadership, influence and communication skills. Service Engineering develops those cross-technology skills that will serve you well in whatever direction you take your career down the road
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Puppet, Ansible, and Rundeck. Experience designing, deploying and maintaining Puppet based solutions.
- Strong automation and coding experience using Shell/Python/Golang.
- Experience in implementing micro services using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experienced in using wide variety of open source Technologies and Cloud services like AWS, Azure etc.
- Mandatory Knowledge on RHEL/CentOS 6.x or above. Experience designing, deploying and maintaining bare metal provisioning and multiple server installation (Kickstart).
- Understanding/management of code repositories like SVN/Git.
- Understanding of Authentication Authorization and Accounting servers Kerberos / Active Directory / LDAP / RADIUS etc.
- Experience building and configuring major Internet host/network services including but not limited to: Web (http, SSL, etc.), DNS, NFS, NIS/NIS+, databases (MySQL, Oracle, Postgres etc.) and Java.
- Strong Networking experience - TCP/IP, administration of networking hardware (Cisco, Foundry, etc.), load balancing - Considered a PLUS
- Firewall/security experience - access control list management, secure remote access management practices, IDS, etc. - Considered a PLUS
- Knowledge of Algorithms and Data Structures.
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal)
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, conducive to team development.
- Knowledge of Agile Development or Scrum Project Management methodologies.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" six years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.