The Systems Engineer (SE) will be responsible for mapping, documenting and maintaining Dermalogica’s network, server infrastructure and application data flow. In this role the SE will keep the CMDB (Configuration Management Database) up to date in conjunction with the Configuration Management process. The Systems Engineer will be supported by the Service Managers, Business Analysts & Solution/Integration Architects in maintaining and keeping the CMDB current and work with the Dev Ops Engineer to sustain the DevOps processes.
- Configure and administer network switches, routers, access control devices, wireless, and monitoring platforms.
- Manage and maintain our CMDB with assistance and support from the Service Managers, Business Analysts, Integration Architects, and Help Desk staff.
- Will lead Global IT organization in mapping key business applications from the presentation, application layers down to the database/network layers.
- Design, implement and support Dermalogica tiered security network; Cisco Firewalls, Cisco SourceFire IPS/IDS, Two Factor Authentication, Security Tools, etc.
- Support Dermalogica’s Cisco Hyperflex VMWare environments. This includes but is not limited to application presentation and managing the security requirements around the architecture.
- Manage and maintain current NAS/SAN PureStorage and Hyperflex Storage environment with support from the technology vendors.
- Design and implement backup and recovery protocols to support the effective recovery of Dermalogica Systems.
- Monitor replication, logs and general health of systems.
- Lead the internal and external security audits on our infrastructure with qualified security partners.
- Recommend system upgrades and or replacements where warranted.
Strategy and Implementation
- Participate in new service delivery design processes (SaaS, On-Premise or Cloud deployed capabilities) to support the DevOps processes and maintain the CMDB.
- Support & help improve the current Incident Response Plan.
Technical/Systems and Understandings:
- Experience and understanding of the following network technologies: Cisco, Wireless, LAN/WAN, Client and Site to Site VPN, MPLS, T1, Ethernet, and Fiber
- Experience and understanding of security technologies such as: Cisco ASA FW, Cisco VPN, SSL Encryption, IPS/IDS, and Web Application Firewalls
- Experience and understanding of Microsoft Office Suite of Productions, Office365, Skype for business SharePoint, Active Directory, and Redundancy
- Experience and understanding of PureStorage, Cisco HyperFlex Storage Technologies
- Experience and understanding of Cloud providers: AWS, Azure, Google
- Working knowledge of monitoring tools such as: PRTG, SolarWinds, HP, etc…
- Understanding of backup solutions such as: Rubrik, PureStorage, InfoBox, and Azure Cloud Storage
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+yrs of General IT Experience working in an IT Service Management environment using ITIL best practices.
- Certification in ITIL – Foundation level
- 1-2 yrs. of Network and Security Experience
- Understanding and experience with the DevOps Framework
- Working Technical Knowledge of Various Operating Systems (Windows, Unix, Linux, Solaris)
- General knowledge of business applications (ERP, CRM, Databases)
- Expertise in computer hardware, data communication, telecommunication and system support.
- Hands on knowledge of LAN, WAN, MPLS, VOIP, SIP, TCP/IP, DNS, ASA, Network Monitoring, Switches, Routers, Wireless Technology, SD-WAN, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Can do attitude! Strong problem-solving skills
Our outstanding benefit package includes Health Benefits, Monthly Product Allowances, Annual Fitness Reimbursement, Domestic Partner Benefits and 401(k) matching, not to mention a host of other great perks.