- Create opportunities by identifying, securing and implementing the migration and new customer participation on the MFN-2 network.
- This role requires technical leadership of a small, dedicated team to design, coordinate and implement telecommunication solutions fulfilling order requirements for Other Eligible Users (OEIUs) on the MFN-2 network. These OEUs will primarily be participants in the Schools and Libraries Program of the Federal Universal Service Fund (USF), commonly known as "E-rate," administered by the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC), through its Schools and Libraries Division (SLD), under the direction of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- This role will require direct contact with candidate customer, working with the MFN-2 Customer Outreach team to document user requirements, design cost competitive network solutions and schedule/complete customer service migrations to meet customer needs.
- This position requires the creation of collaborative solutions with the Harris team conducting agency-based MFN-2 migrations, but will be executed in a largely independent fashion. To ensure adequate coordination, the successful candidate must have a proven track record of providing regular project/migration status to management and leadership in order to provide schedule and cost input on all migration efforts.
- Provide technical support as needed to the MFN-2 Network and Security Operations Centers in the design, migration and restoral of services.
- Participate in technical and cost development for new and derivative service offerings. Contribute to continued development of new and existing procedures for implementing and maintaining telecommunications solutions/systems.
- Understanding of LEC/CLEC & IXC connectivity and infrastructure
- Basic domain knowledge of carrier (LEC/CLEC) and inter-exchange carrier (IXC) connectivity
- WAN/LAN and Voice switching systems; TCP/IP, MPLS and specific routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP and ISIS; VoIP and VPNtechnologies
- Knowledge of ISP and telecommunications carrier ordering systems and processes
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Computer Information Systems with network focus, Telecommunications EngineeringTechnology, ElectricalEngineering or Electronics EngineeringTechnology with at least 10 years’ experience or Master’s Degree