Deerfield, IL (with travel to customer sites)
For over 30 years, our client’s IT-focused consultancy services have enabled businesses to improve, succeed and flourish. They are now looking for a Systems Engineer to join their team in Deerfield.
If you are a desktop and infrastructure support professional with outstanding customer service skills, this is a fantastic opportunity to learn, grow and succeed with an innovative business.
Our client fosters a collaborative, team-oriented environment where leaders are responsive to the needs of all employees. You will have the chance to share your ideas, have your voice heard and really make your mark.
As a Systems Engineer, you will deliver a world-class service to customers and ensure that their IT issues are resolved.
In this consultative role, you will:
- Provide level 1 - 3 desktop support as well as basic server administration, primarily in a Microsoft Environment
- Assist with desktop related issues, verify backups and implement new desktop computers
- Support software upgrades, computer roll-outs and desktop OS installations
- Create and maintain new user accounts
- Complete basic network and systems administration tasks
- Administer customers’ email systems
To be considered, you will need:
- At least five years’ experience of providing desktop and infrastructure support
- A server or desktop certification, such as the MCP
- Solid knowledge of the Active Directory structure
- An understanding of Server Virtualization technologies and how to manage virtual server infrastructure (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- The ability to troubleshoot basic server issues
- The willingness to work towards more advanced certifications
- Excellent customer service skills
Team-oriented and proactive, as a Systems Engineer, you will have great interpersonal and communication skills. You will also have a logical approach to problem-solving and a pragmatic mindset.
To apply for the role of Systems Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Web Recruit LLC. Web Recruit, LLC is in the business of performing recruitment services.
Additional Keywords: Systems Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, Infrastructure Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, IT Support Engineer, Helpdesk Support Engineer, Service Desk Engineer, IT Support.