Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
The Systems Engineering position will provide Management of Contractor Data Requirements Lists (CDRL) received by the USAF from their Launch Service Providers (LSPs). This position is direct support to the U.S. Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) through the LE (Launch Enterprise) Directorate located at the Los Angeles Air Force Base. It will require management of CDRLs from submittal through acceptance to Archival. Working with the Responsible Engineers (RE) and Subject Matter Experts (SME) the Systems Engineer will actively participate in the CDRL Review Boards to evaluate and adjudicate submittals for technical and contractual compliance.
General Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the Launch Service Provider (LSP) CDRLs from submittal through acceptance to Archival.
- Acquiring and maintaining all CDRLs submitted by LSPs, notifying and distributing applicable documents for review.
- Maintaining the current status of each CDRL received, collecting metrics, maintaining submitted comments, coordinating reviews, and facilitating the CDRL Review Board and Actions Items.
- Updating and maintain the Launch Enterprise Directorate Data Management Plan (DMP).
- Incorporating the tenets of the Data Governance policies and processes into a single source document for Enterprise Data management
- Bachelors Degree in a Engineering or related field & 5+ years of related experience or 9+ years of work related experience in lieu degree.
- Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment and effective decision-making.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Listening and Team-Building Skills
- Project Management Ability and Skills
- Presentation Skills (using PowerPoint)
- Previous SMC SETA (Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance) or SE&I (Systems Engineering and Integration program experience is a plus.