The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer - Cyber Security (Level 5) to join the dynamic National Team in Colorado Springs, CO, or Huntsville, AL.
This position requires a current Secret (or higher) clearance.
The C2BMC National Team provides technical solutions to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) program. C2BMC is the integrating element for the Ballistic Missile Defense System and links various sensors and weapon systems. The system provides capabilities to integrate and synchronize missile defense systems and operations, providing a layered defense against multiple ranges of threats and in all phases of flight.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support the C2BMC program as a Lead for Cybersecurity team. Responsible for coordinating and leading the efforts of a multi-faceted cyber development team, supporting a complex missile defense command and control system. Monitor and coordinate Cyber development activity and provide a forward looking strategy across multiple Task Orders. Assess progress and report status to Program Stakeholders. Lead System Modification Requests (SMR) analysis activities. Interface with Cost Account Management. Ability to understand technical problems and provide engineering guidance. Represent the program from a Cyber perspective in assorted senior meetings, Conferences, and Program Milestones with Program and Customer Leadership. Works closely with the Chief Engineer and Chief Architect.
This position requires candidate acceptance by industry partner resource control board.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- Experience leading and managing cross functional teams in the development and integration of distributed, real-time software systems.
- Good working knowledge of Ballistic Missile Defense concepts, Battle Management and Command and Control (BM/C2) systems, defense communications systems, and the CMDS is highly desired.
- Analyze design constraints, trade-offs, and detailed system and security designs to identify necessary lifecycle support.
- Applysecurity policies to applications and assessments of application’s security design for the appropriate security controls.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Typical Education/Experience: Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- Bachelor's Degree or higher education.
- DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in either the Missile Defense, Space, or Cyber markets
- Strong Cybersecurity background to include knowledge of Identity and Access Management Methodologies, encryption algorithms, cryptology, database, and enterprises information securityarchitecture.
- Proficiency in the implementation of information assurance (IA) principles and requirements relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation.
- Experience in cybersecurity requirements evaluation and validation.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity systems engineering principles.
- Knowledge of STIG application and hardening operating systems.
- Knowledge of Cyber technologies and how they impact a mission system.
- Experience in Cyber threat assessment and risk management of a mission system.
- Proven leadership experience with full life cycle software development on large, integrated DoD systems, including requirements development and interpretation, software design, implementation and test, fielding and maintenance.
Job ID 1700012455