The Opportunity | Systems Engineer
Purpose of the Job:
Plans, designs, develops, writes purchase requisitions, configures, tests, and debugs computer systems and networkarchitecture for power plant and research reactor computer systems.
- Develop, review, test, troubleshoot and refine system and software requirements with internal and external customers under some supervision.
- Perform requirements capture and specification; feasibility, concept proving and prototyping; and design, develop, test, debug, configure, maintain and document computer systems with minimal supervision.
- Coordinate with other Research and Development and Scientech staff to ensure that the direction of system design meets customer and Scientech requirements.
- Create and/or review design documentation for computer system under some supervision.
- Create and/or review formal test documentation for computer systems including PLC, system health and redundancy, and system data acquisition under some supervision.
- Integrate 3rd party and company developed software into respective systems under some supervision.
- Support deployed systems by analyzing and fixing system related issues under some supervision.
Measure for Success:
- Follow established guidelines and procedures to ensure technical standards are met according to company standards.
- Learn and apply new concepts to develop and demonstrate technical competence.
- Work well independently and as part of a team to achieve team and organizational goals.
- Demonstrate a strong customer focus by listening to, recognizing, and responding to customer input in an effective, timely and courteous manner.
- Take initiative as problems and opportunities arise by anticipating and meeting customer needs and company expectations.
2+ Years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related degree.
- Ability to work a professional work schedule with non-regular hours, as required.
- Visual and manual dexterity to perform daily computer functions.
- Ability to sit and concentrate for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in and around an office environment.
- Ability to properly document and direct others to correctly label and install computer system components and cabling.
- Technical documentation skills
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with control systems on PLC or DCS equipment highly desirable.
- Experience with analog and digital electronic circuits.
- Experience with networks including VLAN planning, network switch configuration and basic routing.
- Good troubleshooting skills. Able to troubleshoot problems with data acquisition system, server and workstations, network, AC and DC wiring.
- Basic PLC experience. Able to create simple to moderate projects which simulate plant equipment. Able to set up deliverable data acquisition system which reads sensors including thermocouples, RTDs, 4 to 20 mA loops, voltage outputs of various types, digital inputs, and both digital and Analog outputs.
- Experience with at least some version of CAD software. Microsoft Visio and autodesk AutoCAD experience a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows2008 Server R2 or newer.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 7 or newer.
- Experience with Cisco Networkswitches configured in a highly redundant environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio C/C++/C#
- Experience in programming VB.NET, and Office VBA
- Experience with Fortran
- Knowledge of UNIX and Windows operating systems with experience in system management and real-time application development
- Experience using real-time debuggers.
- Familiarity with performing formal testing/integration, including software unit testing and integration of software with hardware as well as creating and executing system test procedures.
- Router and Data Diode experience used for cybersecurity.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.