Curiosity Stream is a rapidly growing streaming company specializing in everything factual. We have experienced significant growth over the last year and are looking for a high-level Systems Engineer to work with us and take us to the next level. The Systems Engineer will help grow our corporate IT infrastructure. They will also work with partners and stakeholders to implement solutions. The Systems Engineer would have experience with Microsoft Intune or other Windows management systems to assist in our growth and security posture.
The ideal Systems Engineer will have deep and wide experience in all things IT. While the candidate will not be solely responsible for all items below, it is important to understand you would be a key member of the staff and touching many facets of operations.
- IT SOX Compliance Project Support. Work with the IT Department, Finance and Legal to review best practices and current implementation of SOX compliance. Scope and implement all requirements and improvements for corporate security posture.
- (ldP) Identity MFA Management Project Support* Work with IT, Cloud-Dev Ops and HR departments on management and expansion of our Okta (identity provider) tenant for automation and security.
- ITS Engineering Project Support. Work with internal stakeholders and ITS provider to implement deployments, upgrade and maintenance of servers, switches, routers, firewalls, network configuration. Servers can be any combination of physical, virtual or cloud.
- General IT Project Support. At times stakeholders in departments may require additional services, either internal or cloud. The candidate would be responsible for researching, working with partners, and scoping solutions to accommodate company needs.
- Computer Management MDM Project Support. Our workstation environment is mostly macOS based and we use JAMF Pro for management of policies and MDM. With our growth, we are integrating more PC workstations to our staff and utilizing our ITS company for management.
- Digital Creative Support. Work with Digital Content Team and ITS company to implement workflow solutions for StorNext, CatDV, fiber attached edit stations, role and permissions-based access. Maintain local and cloud backups via StorNext Storage Manager, DNAFabric and other backup tools. Support a combination of Windows Server, Windows and macOS workstations in an editing environment. Support remote editors utilizing Teradichi PCoIP (LeoStream-Amulet Hot-key) Solutions, Jump Desktop and Global Protect VPN.
- Company Activities Support. We are growing, but still a relatively small team in IT. While the candidate position will be focused on high level projects, you may be asked to perform other IT duties due to deadlines, acquisitions and the like. We want people who are willing to roll up their sleeves with the team to get done what needs to get done.
- 6 plus years of experience in ITS and corporate environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience, in computer science or information technology
- ITS experience as a Project Engineer
- SOX and/or Security compliance in a corporate environment
- Experience with SSO, SAML, ldP (Okta a plus)
- Active Directory, LDAP, Radius. 802.1x
- Windows Servers, macOS, Linux Distros such as CentOS and Ubuntu
- Mac and PC management tools such as JAMF Pro, Microsoft Intune (or other tools)
- Switching and routing in corporate environment
- Experience with VMware ESXi
- Firewall knowledge (Palo Alto a plus)
- Experience in rich media environment (Video)
- Ability to identify and communicate process improvement solutions
- Network experience
- Cloud experience
Curiosity is one of the world's leading global factual streaming media services and media companies, with documentary series and features covering every topic from space exploration to adventure to the secret life of pets, empowering viewers of all ages to fuel their passions and explore new ones. Launched in 2015 by Discovery Communications founder and media visionary John Hendricks, Curiosity is an award-winning destination for on-demand content. With more than 16 million paying subscribers and 3,500+ titles, Curiosity is available worldwide to watch on TV, desktop, mobile and tablets.
Curiosity is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any applicable legally protected status.