At Criterion Systems, we developed a different kind of business—a company whose real value is a reputation for excellence built upon the collective skills, talents, perspectives, and backgrounds of its people. We are seeking a Principal Cyber Engineer to support a position in Sterling, VA. The chosen candidate will support a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment with new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats.
Criterion is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment with new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Criterion is seeking a Cyber Engineer to collaborate with the Customer’s SE&I team to assess architectures and requirements, to develop derived requirements and systems engineering artifacts, and to guide the Agile scrum teams in the development of advanced cybersecurity capabilities. By accepting a position with Criterion Systems, you will join a group of professionals with a collaborative mindset where we share ideas and foster professional development in order to accomplish our goals. In addition toour great culture we also offer competitive compensation and benefit packages, company-sponsored team building events, and advancement opportunities.
- Assist in identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating the protection of critical cybersecurity infrastructure and key resources
- Perform advanced system design functions, including interpretive analyses, chart preparation and associated diagrams/enhancement plans
- Assess and analyze system security to identify and mitigate risks and vulnerabilities.
- Recommend countermeasures to mitigate risks and vulnerabilities.
- Testing of existing and new technologies
- Ensure applicable documentation is updated according to client standards.
- Routinely provide guidance to and assists in the training of less experienced staff.
- Review/analyze requested changes for equipment, technology and/or other factors/trends which are planned for deployment in the customer space
- Must have a Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility (SSBI within the last 5 years)
- BS Cyber Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR a related field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for eachyear of degree level education.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Must have a 8 years of professional experience
- Must have experience related to Cyber Security Engineering
- Must have experince in Intelligence collection,analysis,and reporting process/procedures
- Experience establishing and maintaining good working relationships in alllevels of the organization, including customers, organizations, internal management, and support
- Experience with standard security principles, policies, standards and industry best practices.
- Strong leadershipandcommunication skills, includingnegotiationsexperience
- Knowledge of U.S. GovernmentInformationAssurance policies, procedures,standards,guidelines,and objectives.
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level III certification (CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP or Associate, GCED, GCIH)
- Experience with three or more of the following:
- Security COTS integration
- Security Incident Event Management
- Insider Threat Monitoring
- Operating System Hardening
- Vulnerability Assessment testing
- Identification and Authentication schemes
- Public Key Infrastructure and Identity Management
- Cross Domain Solutions
- Computer Network Exploitation (CNE)
- Computer Network Operations (CNO)
- Malware Analysis
- Reverse Software Engineering
- Understanding of security technologies and concepts, experience in design and implementation of secure network solutions
- Experience and knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, topology, sockets and security), operating systems (Windows/UNIX/Linux), and web technologies (Internet security)
- Knowledge of Information Assurance and Information Operations technologies and development activities.
- Working knowledge of network protocols and common services such as DNS, FTP,email,
- Understanding of the processes and guidelines for Certifying & Accrediting (DCID, ICD, NIST 800-53, SANS 20) information systems based upon experience on a large-scale development program.
- Knowledge of software development and systems development lifecycle practices
- Understanding of windows and UNIX operating systems
- Practical experience hardening IT systems in compliance with STE/STIG guidelines
- Experience working with teams in an agile development environment
Requisition ID : 1736