This position is responsible for providing operational support for our production and development environments. This includes platforms such as: Data Warehouse, Real-Time Bidding, Data Ingestion. Pixel Platform. The ideal candidate will have operational experience in complex, big data platforms and be familiar with the challenges that go along with those types of environments. As a member of the team, you will be expected to stay abreast of new and upcoming technologies and be in a position to suggest improvements to existing implementations.
- Production Support
- Participate in on-call rotation, responding to critical alerts
- Investigate and mitigate interruptions to production services
- Respond to user support requests
- Work with engineering to help productionize products
- Maintain existing application platforms
- Maintain and support development environments for engineering
- 5 years+ Linux Operating Systems (Redhat or CentOS in particular)
- Strong system administration skills
- Kubernetes and Docker
- Excellent bash and Python scripting
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, etc.) or similar cloud services
- Puppet or similar configuration management tools
- Git or other RCS systems
- Production monitoring (Nagios/Icinga)
- Hadoop Administration (Cloudera or other)
- MySQL or other Database
- Apache Tomcat
- Troubleshooting skills. Ability to investigate problems in systems you may be unfamiliar with by reading logs and scripts to narrow down a problem.
- Attention to detail. Diligence and ownership of a task from start to finish.
- Command line expertise. Wizardry with tools like sed and awk essential.
- Strong communication skills, both for team interaction and maintaining internal documentation.
- General interest in staying current with emerging industry practices
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the major job responsibilities (essential functions) of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the major job responsibilities. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands or arms.
- Frequently required to talk or hear and read instructions on a computer monitor and/or printed on paper.
- Occasionally required to stand, kneel or stoop, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently required to view items at an extremely close range and must be able to adjust and readjust focus.