Position: Systems Engineer - Cloud Services
Location(s): DC Metro
The Systems Engineer will work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be responsible for all aspects of administration and support for several business-critical systems and networks. Our ideal team members strive to provide a high-level of customer service and have a passion for technology with a strong drive to learn more. Are you ready for the challenge?
As a Systems Engineer, picture yourself:
- Delivering, administering, and supporting a high-availability cloud-based infrastructure and its associated third-party product offerings.
- Maintaining high uptime (Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) for Dataprise internal systems and customer co-locatedsystems, including but not limited to, underlying backup technologies and services.
- Working with the Manager of Cloud Services to research and investigate new products and technologies, expanding oncurrent product and service portfolio.
- Creating and maintaining system documentation, reports, processes, policies and procedures to contribute to overall Continual Service Improvement (CSI).
- Consulting and collaborating with functional and technical staff, as well as external entities, both on- and off-site, to meet organizational goals and objectives.
Our ideal Systems Engineer has:
- A few years of related experience working in a similar role, ideally for a Managed Services or Cloud Services Provider.
- Experience managing VMWare technologies, deploying new machines in Microsoft Azure, and in backup and disaster recovery technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with: Medium to large VMware vSphere environments (20+ hosts, 400 guests), administration of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems including installation, management, application deployment, and security, Kaseya, Citrix XenApp, Microsoft Azure and Office 365, and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Microsoft MCSA: Server 2012 and/or Cisco CCNA certifications.
- Knowledge of Cloud Services such as data center colocation, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), hosting infrastructure and platforms.
- The ability to understand customer needs and translate requirements into technology solutions.
- The aptitude to understand and support 24x7 infrastructure and business critical applications.
- The capacity to work in a highly visible, fast paced environment.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills and even stronger communication and interpersonal skills.
- The willingness to be on-call and or work after-hours when needed.