What You'll Do
Systems Engineers (SE) in Cisco are customer-focused technical sales professional who provides high level technical support and guidance to customers. Our SE's manage all of the technical pre-sales activities, guide customers through a successful deployment, and ultimately deliver a technical win for Cisco.
* He / she collaborates with the Account Manager and extended team to recommend and develop appropriate solution offerings to solve customer business challenges.
* The account SE provides an architectural perspective across the Cisco product portfolio and can leverage his / her technical specialization for specific opportunities.
* The technical specialist SE acts in an increasingly consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert, or trusted technical advisor, in his / her field by their peers and customer.
* Ability to learn quickly and stay current; the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills should evoke passion and confidence.
Who You'll Work With
The Systems Engineer roll at Cisco is part of an elite technical pre-sales team responsible for driving customer success.
You will work with a highly qualified and empowered team that will allow you to develop all your full potential.
You’ll get to work across a vast portfolio of Switching, Routing, Wireless Lan, Network Orchestration, Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Things and Security.
Teeming with peers to drive Cisco's Vision transforming customer's business.
Make an impact on strategy and work towards achieving business goals of the team to which it belongs and to the entire account.
Who You Are?
Someone who is passionate to solve customer business challenges using technology solutions, and is willing to go above and beyond in everything he or she does to serve our customers.
To be a successful Sales Engineer at Cisco, you need to have experience in a sales engineer or customer-facing role, and be passionate about technical sales and working with customers. Ideally, you are ambitious and self-motivated.
7+ years-related experience with Cisco solutions. Pre-Sales experience required. Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
Other qualifications we are looking for include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively and add value as a team member. Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
- Strong problem solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
- Knowledge of baseline SE skills and knowledge in area of specialization.
- Strong Knowledge and demonstrated operating experience in the area of Networking.
- Knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
- Competitive knowledge (in their area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings.
- Understanding and conversant about company, solutions and product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Python or other scripting language skills and Industry Recognized Certification is preferred, example CCIE security/Data Center, CISSP, Cloud Architect and or Software Programmability