SYSTEMS ENGINEER - Tennessee
- Location:Franklin, Tennessee, US
- Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
- Job Id1213148
What You'll Do
Cisco seeks a Channel System Engineer to address specific partner needs. In this position, you will be working alongside technology experts within our partner community to help them position the solution effectively against competing offerings.
Who You'll Work With
The Channel Systems Engineer should be building and presenting Cisco product, technology and solutions information to a range of internal and external audiences, he/she should also be known outside of his/her account team for expertise either in a technology/range of technologies or for customer relationship skills, understanding customer needs, and applying relevant Cisco solutions and resources to meet these needs.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will also have a level of comfort communicating across all functions within Cisco, as well as, Cisco Customers. This is a good opportunity for someone to work as a leader in the Technology/Solutions field with today's most innovative teams in a demanding and growing industry environment-enabling career advancement in technical or management roles.
- Direct channelengineeringresponsibilities for Collaboration Technologies and Solutions. Candidate will work proactively and collaboratively with extended team members
- Provide technology direction guidance and sales engineering support to BDM and partners.
- Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive Collaboration solutions, products and services.
- Collaboratively co-develop Business plan with aligned PDMs, providing direction and ownership to the technical business needs and strategies.
- Effectively deliver to partner technical audiences, customized technology & product presentations and whiteboard discussions.
- Actively participate as a Collaboration Specialist on assigned technology teams and provides consultative support in your area of specialization to other Systems Engineers.
- Support Cisco culture by sharing technical, professional, and sales skills and knowledge with others.
- Establish relationships with technical and sales leadership team, SEVT, Cisco's Business Units, product lines, and associated product managers.
- Be punctual, responsive, and available in your engagements and communications to partners, peers, and extended team members and engagements.
- Candidate must have Pre-salesexperience with a deep technical knowledge and expertise in Collaboration technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and strong presentation skills. Ability to work effectively and add value as a team member.
- Demonstrated deep technical knowledge and consultative skills specifically focused on Collaboration Products, Solutions, and Industry.
- Strong problem solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
- At least 3years of selling and supporting Enterprise, Commercial or Public Sector Sales, and /or Partner Technical Sales Enablement
- Knowledge and demonstrated operating experience in Collaboration Solutions, and baseline knowledge in the remaining area’s Core QoS, Remote/Local Access, Multi-Service (Voice and Video), Campus/MAN, WAN and Security Solutions.
- Knowledge of relevant solutions sets product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
- Competitive knowledge (in their area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings.
- Understanding and conversant about company, solutions and product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
High Level Qualifications:
- 7+ years related experience in Collaboration
- Good knowledge of computer networking concepts and the TCP/IP and OSI networking models.
- Experience in tying key business requirements to technology solutions
- Ability to articulate the business value of technology solutions
- Cisco product and end-to-end positioning required.
- Competitive product experiencerequired.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional, matrix environment