Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is looking for an experienced and highly motivated expert level Systems Engineer with TS/SCI + Poly candidate in Chantilly, VA. The Systems Engineer Technical Specialist/Cyber is responsible for supporting our clients in meeting their mission goals and strategic objectives by providing high-quality Systems Engineering and technical expertise for design, development, evaluation of end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their full development and operational life cycle. In addition, the SE Specialist provides essential support to Project Management for risk identification and mitigation and keeping the project on schedule and within budget. The SE provides support for business development activities to help shape requirements and participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts.
- The SE provides assessment and authorization (A&A) support through the development of all documentation necessary to complete the A&A process to include system security plans, contingency plans, and other associated documentation; Conducts vulnerability scans and develops risk mitigation strategies with the customer based on assessing the vulnerabilities, threats, and risk associated with the scan results; Reviews system configurations and scan tool results in order to determine system compliance and report results. Other responsibilities include:
- Create reports and briefings that easily and succinctly describe the highly complex program and its future plans
- Validate, document and manage stakeholder expectations in concert with customer
- Assist sponsor managers with modifying or establishing processes to implement strategic plans
- Assist the Sponsor in assessing, documenting, and tracking program requirements and follow-on technical exchange meetings (TEMs)
- Compose and maintain correspondence documentation such as operating procedures and internal memorandums
- Work independently and amongst a team with minimal supervision to address roadblocks and deliver results in a timely manner or provide the most relevant course of action
- Provide technical writing and acquisition support as needed
- Provide Information Security support to prevent, detect, and mitigate security threats against the sponsor's infrastructure networks with the purpose of enhancing sponsor security defense posture.
- Provide strategic and tactical support with the use of Xacta, Nessus, Web-Inspect, and AppDetective in support of sponsor's network ATO submissions.
- Design development, and integration of sponsor's mission systems to integrated resources, information, and technology to better enable the customer's mission.
- Analyze, design, and improve end-to-end IT processes and technical review of documentation to drive efficiency and information flows.
- Identify, maintain and report status on customer networks and communicate requirements to users.
- Respond to corporate actions and track implementation of security measures.
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- Experience in complex, multi-segmented system development, integration, and test of projects including specialized, relevant technical experience in the general areas of systems engineering, system development and verification, hardware and software development.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Best Security practices
- Ability to execute vulnerability/compliance assessment tools and evaluate results for systems undergoing security assessment and continuous evaluation.
- Expertise with COTS cybersecurity and Authorization tools to include: Xacta, Tenable/Nessus, WebInspect, AppDetective, RedSeal, and etc.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team in pursuit organizational goals.
- Demonstrated expertise in writing, and ability to brief complex technical information to non-experts.
- Experience with end-to-end integration and test methods including identification and mitigation of programmatic and technical risk.
- Experience with testing and evaluation.
- Experience with customer's Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process (e.g. RMF, NIST800-53, ICD503)
- Understanding of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-53 and or 800-53A Revision 4 as well as 800-30, 37 and 39,(CNSS) Instruction No. 1253.
- Understanding of Cyber Security Policies and be able to handle multiple projects, Networks and IT systems
- Candidate should have professional certifications (e.g., CCIE, CISSP, CISM, CASP, CISA, Security+)
Must have an active TS/SCI clearance with Poly
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.