Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue.
The systems engineer will be responsible for all systems engineering related activities for cellular radios and networks. This individual will be a member of a cross functional development team and will provide technical leadership and oversight from the definition of requirements through the integration and testing of the completed system. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability work within a large engineering team are required.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provides cross-functional technical leadership in the execution of multiple IRAD and Program funded projects.
- Oversees product development technical activities to assure radio designs are technically sound, and meet system level requirements.
- Prepares systems requirements, design reviews and documentation per standard development processes.
- Collaborates with other design teams, test, manufacturing, product service, program and product management, and external customers to execute radio product development projects and deliver high-quality radio products.
- Supports front end business development activities including planning, customer visits, technical briefings, and proposal developments.
- Provides leadership in the development of technical staff through strategic hiring, mentoring, and training.
- BS in Computer Engineering or Electrical (BSEE or BSCE) with 10 years of experience, OR, MS in Computer Engineering or Electrical (BSEE or BSCE) with 8+ years of experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in systems engineering or product design engineering
- Experience with Cellular networks, base stations and protocols, (GSM, UMTS, LTE)
- Experience with roaming, billing and MNO operations
- Experience with embedded firmware or software development
- Must be able to obtain US Government Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with requirements management, and requirements management tools
Preferred Additional Skills:
- MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering (MSEE or MSCE)
- Cellular signal processing experience
- Experience with managed access networks
- Experience with Wi-Fi protocols and networks
- Experience with DOORS or equivalent requirements management tools a plus
- Experience with networks and cloud infrastructure
- Ability to work autonomously and with others to resolve technical issues