What You'll Get to Do:
As a Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for engaging in design, development, test and delivery of Electronic Warfare and Counter UAS systems. You will be working within multi-disciplinary hardware, software, system integration, and data analysis/collection teams who are creating systems in support of the Department of Defense and other Government agencies. You will translate customer requirements into technical requirements and specifications while coordinating our cross-functional development team to ensure we continue to deliver timely and impactful products to our customers, participating in field test events as necessary.
More About the Role:
- Work closely with Hardware and Software Engineering teams to ensure execution of near and long term technical objectives
- Work with and lead coordination of multidisciplinary technical teams
- Own systems engineering processes
- Manage risks, identify issues, and develop mitigation plans
- Develop briefings to support and lead engineering design reviews such as System Requirements Reviews (SRR), Design Reviews (PDR/CDR) and Program Management Reviews (PMRs)
- Develop and/or gather information to generate technical documents and reports necessary for Contract Delivery
- Assist with engineering tradeoffs analysis and develop Course(s) of Action (COAs) using existing constraints/guidelines
- Spearhead continuous process improvement projects
- US Citizenship is required along with active TS/SCI security clearance
- A bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering or other Engineering, Math, or Physics from an accredited University with minimum 4 years of professional experience ideally with the DoD or DoD Contractors
- Systems Engineering experience inclusive of design, development, integration, testing and deployment of a hardware/software system or subsystem for one or more customers
- Demonstrated experience running the technical execution of concurrent projects, including technical leadership, planning, organizing, and reporting through all phases of the projects
- Experience conducting and documenting analysis of alternatives and trade studies to support evaluation of technical trade-offs and decision making
- Working knowledge of system engineering fundamentals (e.g. V-model and DoD architectural framework)
- Collaborative team-centric mindset and willingness to learn and grow and stretch beyond normal comfort zones and have fun doing it
- Strong physics, mathematical, and statistical background
- Strong listening skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and willingness to mentor
- Must be self-motivated with good interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Exposure to standard DoD System Engineering Process and terms such as Interface Control Documents (ICDs), System/Subsystem Design Documents (SSDD), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), Program Management Review (PMR)
- Exposure to unmanned or manned C4ISR systems and or principles
- Exposure to GPS systems/INS Systems
- Exposure to SIGINT Systems
- Exposure to networking principles and or experienceworking with classified networks
- Basic understanding of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) principles
- Exposure and or interest in Project Management PMP and experience with EVMS
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Req #: 215311