Buchanan Technologies is currently seeking a Systems Engineer for a full-time career opportunity in Irving, TX responsible for the support and design of server/storage environments as well as implementation & documentation. The successful candidate will be an energetic self-starter who is looking to join a fast-moving IT organization that values integrity, reliability and a passion for success!
*Candidates must have solid Office 365 experience to be considered for this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides infrastructurearchitecture recommendations and design drawings to fulfill certain requirements (a breakdown of the system into components, the component interactions and interfaces, the technologies and resources to be used in the design).
- Design, build, maintain and support 100+ Microsoft Windowsservers and 10+ Linuxservers in an enterprise environment that is 80% virtualized with some physical and cloud infrastructure.
- Maintain, support and configure Office 365 and SharePoint online
- Ensures system hardware, operating systems, software, and related procedures adhere to organizational and industry standards.
- Work with server patch management processes and procedures to facilitate deployment.
- Work with infrastructure team to manage and execute end of service lifecycle on various server hardware, software and operating systems.
- Monitor, performance tune, troubleshoot and resolve systems problems to ensure availability.
- Develop and maintain systems documentation to facilitate knowledge transfer and business continuity.
- Review and implement Windows virtual infrastructure with minimal supervision, and make recommendations on improvements and performance.
- Participate in an on-call 24x7 rotation schedule.
- Maintain systems integrity through change control and problem management procedures and communication with internal customers.
- Develop and maintain documentation to facilitate knowledge transfer and business continuity.
- Provide expert technical support, administration and engineering on all Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Previous architectural design experiencerequired
- Strong teamwork skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced level troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- MCP, MCSE on Windows 2008 and 2012 is preferred
- Cisco UCS environment experience is preferred
- SCCM experience is required
- Office 365 and Exchange Online is required
- Working with iSeries/AS400 system is a plus
- Nutanix or other HyperConverge experience is a plus
- Hyper-v experience is a plus
- 7+ years’ experience configuring, administering and troubleshootingWindowsServer 2008, 2012 & 2016 Enterprise servers
- 5+ years’ experience configuring, administering and troubleshootingVMware systems preferably with VMWare 6.x
- 3+ years’ experience working with Storage Area Networks; understanding of zoning, provisioning and adding LUNs
- 3+ years’ experience administering, supporting and troubleshooting different IIS versions
- Ability to demonstrate scripting skills in PowerShell
- 5 years’ experience with Active Directory administration