- Job ID 2021 Category Information Technology
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a growing company that is innovative, cutting edge, and mission centered? Our prestigious technical and management consultants work closely with our customers in a dynamic, solution-oriented environment, and we are inviting you to apply for our recent opening as an Infrastructure Engineer.
US Citizen - clearable
- Provide platform engineering and O&M support services for a VMware-based virtualization host platform.
- Provide software deployment, configuration and maintenance support for a heterogeneous environment that include both Windows and Linux servers, content management services (Alfresco), database management services (Microsoft SQL Server).
- Provide, 24 / 7 / 365 monitoring of all infrastructure assets and respond and escalate accordingly
- Provide oversight, remote and on-site support until the incident is resolved
- Provide, a root cause and mitigation analysis post-incident within 24 hours
- Engage third-party vendors to provide resolution management, including remote or on-site support, replacement components, etc.
- Meet or exceed Service Level Agreements
- Provide change management control, event collation and analysis, quality assurance and regression verification, impact analysis, and documentation prior to all additions, modifications, or removal activities, including any end-of-life (EOL) actions
- Provide virtual machine image support
- Support/troubleshoot/update/monitor the health of the ADFS and Web Proxy servers that provide authentication for and ADFS server to provide authentication to enterprise applications
- Support/troubleshoot/update/monitor the health of the Enterprise Vault infrastructure and ensure access to the archived data
- A BS in Computer Science, IT or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience designing, implementing, and troubleshooting enterprise class information technology systems to include:
- Experience with Virtualization platforms like VMware vSphere 6, or Windows Hyper-V.
- Experience with content management systems like Alfresco or SharePoint (Alfresco preferred).
- Experience with database management systems like Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle.
- Current MCSE Certification with strong experience implementing and troubleshooting Windows, Active Directory, Microsoft SQL, and supporting services including DNS, DHCP, OS patching, monitoring systems, and certificate authorities.
- VMware VCP
- Cisco and/or F5 experience (desired)
- ITIL V3
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. (BE) is an Information Technology and Professional Services consulting firm located in Arlington, VA. BE is a diversified high-technology services company, providing government, commercial and nonprofit agencies technology solutions and organizational management services to ensure mission success. Serving the federal sector since 1998, we base our solutions on an in-depth understanding of our clients, their mission and the unique challenges they face. BE is the winner of the 2015 Microsoft U.S. Federal Solution Partner of the Year award, a 2015 and 2016 Washington Post Top Workplace and has been an Inc. 500/5 awardee for six consecutive years.
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is dedicated to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We are committed to crafting a workplace that endorses creativity and innovation, and promotes engagement through open communication, acceptance of new people and ideas, and a supportive team dynamic. Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is an equal Opportunity Employer –Minorities / Women / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Buchanan & Edwards is an E-Verify employer.