Systems Engineer II – TOC (Technical Operations Center)
Our client has an employee opportunity for a systems engineer that will be part of a skilled and cohesive group focused on a portfolio of integrated complex customers, building a strong understanding of their business & IT environment. This customer facing role will involve end to end operational services, including Incident, Request, and Change management.
Responsibilities: Services of customer environments, including administration and support for operating systems, virtualization platforms, tape backup, and disk storage.
- Primary responsibility is to provide Tier II level break/fix Incident Management support for escalated customer outages by utilizing experience, skills, education and training to provide timely restoration of services.
- Assemble and update documentation in the form of incident and change management tickets.
- Verify validity of alarms and follow triage/resolve troubleshooting procedures as outlined.
- Follow outlined procedures for customer notification and escalation.
- Identify chronic and/or systemic problems and take action to identify root cause and remediate.
- Review logs and performance reports for emerging problems and initiate preventive action.
- Manage incidents and engage additional internal teams and external vendors as required.
- Perform changes, including planning, preparation, and execution on managed infrastructure.
- Maintain technical expertise and required industry certifications and stay current with new and emerging technologies.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 5 years proven industry experience in a production support role for a large enterprise or service provider environment performing fault analysis using common troubleshooting tools and techniques.
- Strong experience and knowledge with various Unix and Windows based server operating systems, including the following:
- Windows Server
- Linux Server
- VSphere vCenter
- Site Recovery Manager
- Windows Clusters
- Active Directory
- Network configuration -
- IP addressing
- SAN Connectivity
- Basic scripting
- Working experience with HP OMi, NNMi a BIG Plus. In addition to other SNMP and monitoring tools experience, such as Zenoss, CA SystemEdge, Netsnmp)
- Working knowledge of other Unix based operating systems (Solaris, AIX, HPUX)
- Strong Working knowledge of storage and backup technologies (EMC, Netapp, NetBackup).
- Experience with ServiceNow ITSM platform a Plus.
- Ability to facilitate discussions to resolve technical issues with multiple teams.
- Strong customer service and communications skills (written and oral) are required.
- Solid operational supportexperience and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of networking standards and device connection troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of Symantec End-Point Protection and ability to troubleshoot and remove a virus
- Ability to learn and respond to demands in a fast-paced, highly technical environment and to manage multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Good organizational, time management and service delivery skills.
- B.S. Degree, Computer Science or similar engineering degree or equivalent work-related experience
- MCSE or RHCSE certification
- Completion or progress towards higher level VMware certifications such as VCP, VCAP, Data Design and Data Center Admin
Company offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more