Description:About Boeing: Job Description
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify basic lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions. Evaluates customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces. Performs analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture. Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success. Supports the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security is seeking a Systems Engineer (SE) Junior Level to support daily operations in the end to end technical management of a spacecraft mission in Springfield, VA
The position includes regular on-call support and occasional support of off-hours activities.
In the role of a Systems Engineer the selected candidate will:
Serve as a focal point for vehicle technical issues and functions, and coordination between site and factory engineering teams. Provide on-site operational support and oversight, and implementation guidance for anomaly resolution and special test activities. Ensure long-term activities are planned and coordinated, and are ready for execution in a timely manner for spacecraft operations or the spacecraft factory provider.Primary Responsibilities:
- Providing daily oversight of vehicle payload functionality
- Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
- Reviewing operational logs
- Daily trend plots analysis
- Limit check review
- Support of factory/customer requests for specific monitoring
- Coordinating implementation of Boeing Factory Recommendations
- Coordination of technical issues with local and Factory experts
- Conducting review(s) and closure(s) of discrepancy reports, providing support to the daily Site- Factory interface meeting
- Developing scripts and tools with Perl, Python, Matlab, Excel/VBA, etc
- Updating documentation as required
- Maintaining knowledge of vehicle contingency procedures
- Maintaining current workarounds and memograms
- Maintaining/updating vehicle databases as required
- Supporting memogram development, providing oversight to anomaly resolution from the system perspective
- Support calibration activities as required
- Reviewing and reporting trend analysis
- Support deployments to contingency command and control facilities
- Provide weekly and monthly status of vehicle performance
- Provide vehicle payload specific briefings and written reports as required
- Support of special Systems Engineering tests and transition related activities
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active). An active TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
Employment is contingent on clearance verification and customer concurrence.Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Must be willing to support a 24/7 on-call rotation environment.
- Classroom or work related experience with aerospace engineering vehicles.
- May be required to complete a certification/qualification program.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expens
e.Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Experience Level
Individual Contributor Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award Job Code
6K8CI2 (64R) Schedule
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.