The Boeing Mesa Rotorcraft Systems Engineering Team has a leadership role during the development of new highly integrated electrical and mechanical systems on rotorcraft platforms such as the AH-64 Apache and AH-6 Little Bird. Our team actively works together with development engineers from multiple disciplines through the entire development life cycle.
The Boeing Mesa Systems Engineering team has been recognized as a leader in implementing Model Based Systems Engineering processes and tools, both in Mesa and by programs across the Boeing enterprise. We are looking for a qualified, highly energetic Level 3 Systems Engineer to team up with us on this exciting journey.
Perform system level design activities on development programs
- Support senior engineers on development, decomposition and allocation of system requirements, system functions
- Support development and management of functional and physical architectures
- Support verification planning and manage traceability from verification activities to requirements
- Support activities leading up to and execution of design reviews
- Support multi-disciplinary trade studies to evaluate configuration alternatives
- Regularly interact at a technical level with engineering experts to resolve technical issues
- Support the development of new methodologies and tools such as Model Based Systems Engineering
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Experience applying systems engineering principles during the development of complex hardware/software solutions on an aerospace platform
- Experience interacting with engineering experts to resolve complex technical issues
- Experience developing and managing requirements and related attributes using a requirements management tool
- Experience in MS Office Products and strong written, verbal communications and presentation skills
- Demonstrated practical experience in system integration, validation, and/or verification
- Self-motivated in identifying process improvement opportunities with ability to provide potential solutions through strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
Minimum Bachelor's degree in engineering
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Experience/Skills)
- At least 3 years of experience developing/managing designs in a model based development environment using any of the following tools: Architecture Models
System Definition Documents
Interface Control Documents
System Models using SysML
IBM Rhapsody IEEE 15288
- Basic understanding of both electrical and mechanical engineering principles. (Program development and test experiencepreferred
- Familiarity with system engineering practices throughout product lifecycle
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.